•11•

"It's official, our little Eliana is famous." Haz says, plopping himself down on the sofa next to me and hands me his phone.
"Harrison Osterfield spotted with Eliana Gray, daughter of famous race car driver Jackson Gray. Could this be his new girl?" I read aloud.
Oh no..this isn't good. I don't need this.
"So what do we do?" I ask.
"Nothing." He says.
"What do you mean nothing? I don't want to be in the headlines!" I exclaim.
"If we try to deny it, it's only going to stir up more publicity. If we ignore it, then it'll just fade away like it never happened." He explains.
I don't like this plan, but I guess Haz knows more than I do about this kind of stuff. It was stressful enough growing up with a dad that was constantly in the headlines, I don't want to be in the headlines myself. It may pass over just as Haz said, but it's going to be pretty annoying before it does.
There's a knock on the door and Tom gets up to go get it, I watch as he opens the door and see a tall red haired girl on the other side. He looks her up and down and she blushes, looking to the ground.
"Ready to go?" He asks her.
"Yeah." She nods.
Tom grabs his keys, and walks out the door without another word. Haz laughs to himself and turns his attention back to me.
"I swear that guy can't go a whole week without screwing a random girl." He mutters.
I don't know why but I feel a pang of disappointment hit my chest when he says that. I cannot seriously be getting jealous right? I don't like Tom, in fact I don't want anything to do with him in that way. So.. why do I feel like this?
____________________
I walk into the bakery, waiting to meet up with Haz and Tom. They told me to meet them here after class. I take notice of the photographer sitting outside of the shop. They're definitely paparazzi, I can't believe they're following me, this has to be illegal! The cameras start flashing in a different direction and soon enough Haz and Tom walk through the front door. Even Haz looks confused by the amount of paparazzi waiting outside for us. He sits down at the table with a sigh, looking defeated.
"It's been over a week, I can't believe they're still following you around." He mutters.
"Honestly it's starting to freak me out. I can't go anywhere without having to worry that someone is taking photos of me." I groan.
"I think I can fix this..." Tom says as he looks out the window to the group.
"Yeah? How so?" I ask.
"Do it." Haz says.
"Come with me." Tom says, putting out his hand to me. I hesitantly take it, and we both rise to our feet as I let him lead me across the bakery and out the doors.
"Where are we going?" I ask him as we walk down the sidewalk.
"Just act natural." He says.
We notice a few stray photographers walking on the other side of the sidewalk and far behind us, it's hilarious how they think we won't notice them.
To my surprise Tom grabs me by both my shoulders, and wraps his arms around my waist. My eyes widen at him, and he shakes his head with a smile.
"I said act natural." He mutters quietly.
"Well this is not natural." I say.
"Yeah well.." he trails off, pushing a strand of my hair back from my face. "Pretend it is."
I go with what he says, and let my arms wrap around the back of his neck, my hands loosely playing with the curls at the nape of his neck. He smirks, leaning in so close I can feel his breath on my face.
"I'm gonna kiss you now." He whispers.
"Don't you dare." I say through a fake grin.
"So you're telling me.." he runs his thumb over my bottom lip. "That you really don't want to know what it's like to kiss me?"
"Nope." I breathe out.
"Cause I think you do." He states, his lips now hovering right over mine. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, and just pray that he doesn't feel it too.
I do what I never would expect myself to do in a million years. I push my lips forward, connecting with his roughly which makes his grip around my waist tighten. His soft lips move against mine in a way I've never experienced. I can feel the goosebumps rise on my skin, and I know the paps are taking photos, but that's the last thing on my mind while his lips are on mine.
He pulls from the kiss, leaving me breathless and in a daze. My eyes look up into his deep brown ones, and he lets out a small laugh.
"So much for you not wanting me to kiss you." He says cockily and I roll my eyes.
"Please. I just wanted them to leave me alone, which it looks like they have." I state, pushing Toms arms off of my waist as I look around to see the paps have moved on.
"Or you liked it." He says. "It's okay, I've got a thing for good girls."
He is impossible. Any tiny little crush I did have on him is fading very quickly. He's just too cocky!
"You just assume every girl likes you, but let me make this as clear as I possibly can- I don't." I say as we walk back.
We go back to the guys' house so Haz can help me with my presentation since he's already gone through this last year. It's great having access to someone who has already finished their first year.
"I'll be back." Tom says, grabbing his keys.
"Where are you going?" Haz asks.
"Sabrinas. Wait no- I think her name is Stephanie? I'm not sure. It starts with an s." He says and I scoff. He can't even remember their names.. disgusting.
He leaves and Haz lifts his brow at me. I wait for him to say what he's thinking, but he stays silent.
"Yes?" I question.
"I think that kiss got to you." He comments.
"Oh here we go-" I mutter.
"I'm just saying.. maybe you have a teeny tiny crush." He shrugs.
"Absolutely not." I laugh. "He's Tom. He's gross."
Haz obviously doesn't believe me, I can tell by the look on his face.
"I'm serious." I say.
"Good because Tom is not someone you want to get involved with. Especially with how good you are."
Im so sick of everyone thinking I'm fragile and follow all the rules. If I wanted to, I could do whatever I want. It's getting annoying.
Haz walks off, grabbing a beer from the fridge and I make a decision that is very weird and different for me.
"Get me one." I say.
"What?" His brows scrunch together in shock.
"Get me a beer." I nod.
"You don't need to make a point Eliana-"
"I'm not trying to prove anything. Get. Me. A. Beer."
He turns around, grabbing another one and brings it to me. I smell it first, and it definitely doesn't smell enjoyable.
"Are you really going to do it?" He asks.
"I'm really going to do it." I say, and take my first ever drink of alcohol.