•21•

Warning: sensitive subjects will be discussed in the next few chapters

"Come on Eliana let's go!" Tom calls from the other room.
Since the rain ruined our beach plans today, we decided tonight would be spent at a Los Angeles club. Of course Tom protested the idea, but Haz and I managed to convince him and then sent out the driver to get us some proper clubbing clothes. I don't know what I thought clubbing dresses looked like, but I wasn't expecting what I have to work with right now. I swear everything they got is so short and barely covers anything. Not to mention it's as tight as can be.
"You guys ready?" I hear Haz enter the hotel room, and I open the bathroom door, walking out.
Both of the boys look me up and down, and suddenly I feel really exposed and uncomfortable.
"I know it's bad-" I say.
"Eliana, if we weren't best friends I'd definitely be trying to get in your pants." Haz says.
"Um.. thanks?" I say with a questioning tone.
I normally wear flowy dresses, skirts, and sometimes a pair of jeans, but I don't think I've ever worn something like this before. Correction, I know I've never worn something like this before.
"What do you think Tom?" Haz asks, elbowing Tom who was slightly zoned out.
"I think I'm going to be fighting off assholes all night for you." He says.
"I'll take that as a compliment." I smile.
I walk towards the door to grab the shoes and slip them on, and I can just feel both of them looking at my butt.
"Stop sexualizing me." I say.
"Sorry." They apologize in unison.
We head out, and get in the car. The driver pulls out onto the road and I take notice of all the lights and people walking the streets. This is so cool. The energy here is way different than London.
We pull up to the club, and Haz is quick to get out, but Tom grabs my arm, stopping me.
"People in LA are fucked up, so stay close okay?" He says.
I nod, knowing I just need to reassure him that it will all be okay and I won't need him to be on edge all night worrying about me.
We walk inside, and his hand rests protectively against my lower back. The music blares through the building, and it's insanely crowded. I've never been to a club before, but I expect tonight will be pretty chaotic.
Tom leads me through the crowd as we walk to the VIP section that Haz got us in. There's a few other people towards the back, but they don't take notice of us yet.
"I'm gonna go get us drinks." Haz says as he walks off. I sit closer to Tom, and his arm wraps around my shoulders as he leans his head over to me.
"Are you okay, princess?" He asks.
"It's just.. a lot." I shrug.
"I've got you." He assures me, and Haz comes back with drinks for everyone.
"Are you fucking stupid mate? She doesn't do fucking shots." Tom says.
"Please, I can do a shot." I say, picking up one of the glasses.
"Darling I promise you don't want to do tha-"
I cut tom off by downing the shot, and instantly regretting it. I cough, not realizing how badly that would taste.
"Oh my god that's awful!" I groan, setting the shot glass down.
"I told you." He states and Haz laughs.
"You're a lightweight, you won't need any more than that." He says and takes one himself.
Haz then takes a shot, and a guy from the other side of the VIP area walks over, a drink in hand and he sits across from us.
"Now come on, you got the lady a tequila shot? Looks more like an apple martini kind of gal." He says.
"I'm actually more of an apple juice box kind of gal." I joke and he laughs.
"British?" He asks, recognizing my accent.
"Yeah, south west London." I nod.
I notice how Tom looks the guy up and down with a slight scowl. He doesn't like when strange men talk to me, he assumes the worst of everyone.
"So are you going to introduce yourself or?..." Tom trails off.
"Course. I'm Kian." He says.
"That's an odd name." Tom mumbles and I nudge him.
"Wait.. the singer?" I ask and both Haz and Tom give me a weird look.
"Wow I'm surprised you know me." Kian laughs.
"Oh come on you're super popular on Instagram." I say.
"Why don't I know you?" Haz asks.
"Sorry he's an influencer so he doesn't pay much attention to up and coming singers." I say.
"Well I don't know you either so I guess we're even." Kian says to Haz.
"Harrison Osterfield? You haven't heard of me?" Haz asks.
"Oh! Yeah my fourteen year old sister is obsessed with you!" He says and Tom and I laugh slightly, but shut up real quick when Haz shoots us a death glare.
"Kian come on!" His group calls him over.
"I should go back to my friends, but I expect a dance with you later tonight." He says to me, and walks off.
"What a dick." Both Tom and Haz say.
"I'm gonna go get something that won't burn my throat." I say, standing up.
____
I'm mildly drunk, but I'm still aware of my surroundings. After a few drinks Tom has lightened up a lot which makes me happy. Hes always so stern and serious, it's nice to see him have even just an ounce of fun.
I encouraged a very drunk Haz to go out on to the dance floor with me. He is absolutely terrible at dancing, but there's so many people crowding us that it really doesn't matter. I feel a hand on my arm, and turn to see Kian with a smiling face. He nods towards the break in the crowd, and I follow him through.
We walk down a hallway, that makes the music much quieter and is a nice breakaway from the chaos happening on the dance floor.
"What's up?" I ask.
"Saw the perfect chance to finally get you alone, away from those guys." He says.
His hands grab my hips flirtatiously, and I get an uncomfortable feeling creep up my spine. Somethings not right about him, maybe it's the fact that he's drunk.. but somethings not right.
"I've been wanting to do this since I saw you in this dirty little outfit." He mumbles in my ear, and his lips connect to mine.
I push his face away, but his hands stay firmly placed on my hips.
"No.. I don't want that." I say quietly, but it's as if my words went in one ear and out the other as he kisses me again, one of his hands sliding down my thigh and underneath my dress.
I grab at his hand, trying to push it away, and press my back against the wall to attempt to get as much distance between us as possible. It doesn't work.. my voice is so quiet I don't think anyone but him can hear my protests.
"Please stop.." I say.
I feel his fingers pass the hem of my panties, and a sharp pain when he forced them inside of me. I wince, wishing so badly that I had never come down here with him.
"Please let me go.."
His lips leave mine, and for a split second I think it's because I asked him to stop. That is until I see Tom throw him to the ground and start beating the crap out of him. His fist flies back, and then straight into his face over and over again.
"You fucking piece of shit." He mutters as he beats kians face in.
I can't move.. I can't speak.. I'm simply in shock. And although a million thoughts are racing through my head, all I can do is stand and watch.
"Hey! Break it up!" A large man yells loudly, making my gaze break.
He pulls Tom off of Kian, and two other men come over, grabbing each one of them and pulling them off.
"Get your fuckin hands off me, he was going to fucking rape her!" Tom yells as he gets pulled out of sight, leaving me in the same exact spot that I was standing in when that guy put his hands where they didn't belong.