•15•

Church ends, and I walk out the front doors with my little sister and a couple friends chatting before I leave. I see a black car, and a boy standing outside of it watching me. What is he doing here?
"I'll be right back guys." I say to my friends, who all look over to the boy with confusion as I walk over.
It's a little weird that he just show up here, how did he even know I would be here?
"Hey Harry... Why are you here?" I ask.
"Okay I need to say something, and this could either go very well... Or very badly. But I woke up this morning and knew that I just needed to say it already." He says, and I start to feel really nervous.
This is it, he's going to say exactly what I think he's going to say.
"I'm falling for you Eliana. I didn't expect to when I first met you, but you're just so great- and I think that we would be so good together. I've never felt the way that I feel about you before.. and I just needed to tell you that."
I struggle to get words out of my mouth, even knowing that he was going to say something like that I'm still in shock. Did I lead him on? What did I do to make him think that I felt this way for him? Now here I am, and I have to reject him. I don't know how, I don't want him to get hurt because Harry does mean something to me. He's a good friend, a good person, and I would hate to not have him as a friend.
"Harry.. I'm sorry.." I shake my head.
His face falls, his head tilting downwards.
"Oh.." he says quietly. "Is it um.. is it because of Tom?"'
"What?" My brows knit together. "No. Definitely not. I just got out of a relationship.."
"You're right, I'm sorry." He mutters. "I should go."
And before I can say another word, he gets in his car and turns it on to leave.
Why would he think that I rejected him because I'm into Tom? When have I ever made it seem like I like Tom in that way? I'll admit, there have been a few moments where I've been physically attracted to him, but that's all. I've never actually genuinely felt like I liked him in a big romantic way.
"What was that about?" Lily asks me as I walk back over.
"Nothing." I shake my head. "I'm gonna head out, I'll see you later."
I get in my car and start making my way towards Haz's and Tom's house. They have no idea that I'm coming, but that's all right. I get to their house and see that Haz isn't there. He will probably be back soon. I walk up to the door and knock, seconds later it's opened and Tom stands in front of me looking kind of rough.
"Hey." I say softly.
"Haz isn't here." He mutters.
"Yeah I know, his car isn't here. I didn't necessarily come to see him..." I say.
"Well then you should go." He says and shuts the door in my face.
I scoff to myself, wondering what is going on. Why is he suddenly being so weird? Well.. I guess I already know the answer to that question. I lift my hand to the door knocking once again, and it opens, showing a more so irritated Tom.
"What do you want?" He asks.
"Why are you mad at me? Is this about last night?" I question.
"Yes. Now leave me alone." He says, going to shut the door on me again but I put my foot in the way, preventing it from closing.
"Really?" He almost laughs.
"Like I said last night, you acting like this isn't going to send me running for the hills." I say firmly.
He shakes his head to himself lifting his eyes to look into mine. They are dark though, he's having a hard time..
"This isn't me needing your help or guidance, Eliana. This is me telling you that I don't want you here. I don't want to be around you. Go. Away."
And with that he slams the door in my face, making me flinch. I know he didn't mean it, and I know that he probably will apologize later, as he always does. But it definitely hurts.
I turn to walk back towards my car, seeing Haz pull into the driveway. He gets out, getting concerned when he sees I'm obviously upset.
"What's going on? What happened?" He asks.
"I think Tom's just having a rough day... He doesn't want me here." I mutter.
"Doesn't want you here? I doubt that." He says.
"Oh he made it very clear. He doesn't want me here, and he doesn't want to be around me. So I'm just gonna leave. I'll see you later, let me know when he's feeling better."
I walk off to my car, and leave the house.
•Toms Pov•
God fucking dammit.
Why did I say that? I didn't mean to say that! It's just... Came out! I didn't want to hurt her. She's the last person on this planet that I want to hurt. Sometimes I just can't control what comes out of my mouth, and I was stressed.
I walk back to my room, frantically looking for the pill bottle. I see it sitting on the side of my bed, and I pull one out downing water to get it in my system. Everything will feel better when this kicks in, just takes a few days of taking them for it to start working.
I hear the front door open, and pray that it Eliana coming back. I need to apologize, I need to make this right. She doesn't deserve to be treated the way I just treated her.
To my disappointment I see Haz walk in the door. He looks to me with worry, he must've seen Eliana on his way out.
"Dude what happened? She's crying." He says.
"I made her cry?" I asked in disbelief, I can't believe I did that.. I'm a dick.
"she said you told her that you didn't want her around?" He asks.
"I didn't mean to. I didn't smoke this morning, I wanted to do better. I'm dependent on it, so my emotions are all messed up." I explain. "I was trying to do the right thing, and it backfired. Is she okay?"
"She's fine. She said to let her know when you have calmed down, she's worried about you."
After everything I just said, how could she be worried about me? How is one person so selfless and caring about others? I'll admit, Who she is as a person annoyed me at first, but now? I can't help but just think about how wonderful she is. Eliana cares about others, she wants everyone to be happy, she wants the best for people. I wish I could be a little bit more like her.
I put on my jacket and grab my car keys, knowing that I need to fix this. She's the first person I've ever told that isn't family, I confided in her, and while most people would run – she didn't. She deserves better than me yelling at her, and treating her like dirt.
"Where are you going?" Haz asks.
"To Eliana's."