•45•

I watch my sleeping boyfriend, being careful to not wake him since this is the most he's probably slept in days. I grab my phone off the bedside stand, and see tons of missed texts from my little sister.
Lily: Eliana! Help!!!
Lily: paddy asked me to go to prom with him and I don't have anything to wear!
Lily: also you really need to do something about mum, she saw you weren't home last night and started saying crazy things. Please fix this.
Jeez. No wonder I love escaping to the little bubble of Tom and I. Everything is so chaotic back home. I text her back that I'll come pick her up later and take her dress shopping.
Tom starts to move a bit, and opens his arms, waiting for me to snuggle in. I stay in my place though, and watch as he starts to frown and his eyes open.
"Hey smelly." I giggle.
He grabs my phone from my hand, and tosses it onto the pile of clothes on the floor, then pulls me into him.
"You're lucky that didn't hit the ground and shatter." I say.
He doesn't say anything, but just keeps holding me. He must still be sleepy, which is a bit weird considering his behavior lately.
"Our siblings are going to prom together. I'm gonna take Lily to get a dress in a bit." I inform him.
"You're leaving me?" He asks, almost in a panic.
"Only for a couple of hours, I'll come back if you want?" I question.
"Mhmm." He hums.
I stay in bed with him longer than I plan, just petting his hair and scratching his back to relax him. He's very different today..
after he falls asleep once more, I sneak out of his bed and grab my things, headed down the hallway.
"How is he?" Haz asks as I walk out.
"Different." I answer. "He's sleeping again, and he was more clingy than normal."
"He's moving onto his depressive phase. It normally lasts about two weeks." He explains. "You being around would actually be really beneficial right now. He needs the comfort, even if he acts like he doesn't."
I walk over to Haz, and wrap my arms around him in a tight hug. He laughs, hugging me back.
"And what's this for?" He asks.
"You're a really good friend to him and you deserve a hug for it." I state.
Honestly? I think Tom would be way worse if he didn't have Haz around. He knows Tom inside and out, and actually cares about him. He's a wonderful friend. I adore Haz.
"Alright I have to go get my sister from my evil mother." I mutter.
"Evil?" He questions.
"She wants to kick me out." I state.
"So? Just move in here?" He says like it's nothing.
"Isn't it too soon though? Like we just started dating." I say.
"You guys have practically been dating for months. Besides, you already sleep here all the time, might as well just bring your stuff over and move in."
I mean, he's right. I do practically live here already. What difference would it make to just move in? I'd definitely have to talk with Tom about it so he doesn't feel like I'm moving too fast, but I think he will be more than happy about it.
"Alright, we will talk about it when I get back." I say.
I head out to go pick up my sister, and I call her as I pull into the driveway to I can avoid my mum. As she walks out, I notice a mark on the side of her neck and my hand slaps over my mouth. My baby sister is only seventeen it is not a nice thought to know she's doing stuff. At least it's with Tom's sweetest brother.
"Hey." She smiles, getting in the car.
"If you don't cover that up mum is going to kill you." I state and she opens the mirror in a panic, looking at her neck.
"Shit." She mutters.
"Language." I warn, and grab my foundation out of my bag, handing it to her.
I pull out onto the road as she messes with the foundation, and I come to the realization that she smells like alcohol.
"Were you drinking?" I ask.
Her eyes widen, and she groans.
"It was only a little bit!" She exclaims.
"It's fine, I do too." I state and her mouth drops.
"No way. You? You're the good one!"
"Yeah not so much anymore." I laugh, and pull up to the dress shop.
We go inside, and look around at all the different dresses. I wish I had gone to my high school proms, but Jacob never wanted to. He always called them lame and made me spend the evening in his bedroom watching him play video games. I'm so glad he's out of my life. Thinking back to how he treated me just makes me love Tom so much more.
Lily takes the dresses into the fitting room to try on and my phone dings.
Haz: Tom misses you and he's being annoying.
I get an idea, something that may cheer him up a bit.
Eliana: can you take him out for about an hour when I leave here? I wanna do something for him.
Haz: I can try, but he wants to do nothing but slump on the couch. Let me know when.
Lily walks out in a pink floor length dress that looks beautiful on her. It's just now hitting that my little sister is all grown up.. I hate it.
"Think it'll get me laid?" She jokes but I know she's not really joking.
"Lily Penelope Gray you don't need to be getting laid." I scold.
"Wait." She laughs. "You and Tom haven't?.."
"I am not talking about this with you! Now come on let's buy the dress and get out of here."
________
Haz took Tom with him to go pick up a couple things, and I get to work on my surprise. I put Toms laptop at the end of the bed, a movie ready to go. I pull out all the snacks that I know he loves, setting them on the bed too. I also brought all of my big fluffy pillows that I know he secretly loves and grab a few extra blankets.
I know he wouldn't be up for anything active or going anywhere, so I think this is perfect. I don't know how to help him, or how to make him feel better, but I'm gonna try.
After a bit, I hear the front door open, and I excitedly skip out to the main room.
"Hey bub!" I say happily, wrapping my arms around his neck.
His hair is messy, and he's wearing sweats. He didn't really get ready today. He clings to me tightly and buries his face down in my neck.
"When did you get back?" He asks.
"A little bit ago." I answer. "Cmon."
I pull him back to his room, and when I open the door he smiles widely, looking to me.
"You set us up a movie night?" He asks.
"I wanted to make you feel better so I thought what could be better than snacks and your adorable girlfriend." I grin.
"You are pretty adorable, my love." He giggles, kissing my head.
We sit on the bed, and he turns to me with a more serious look.
"The next week or two might be a little rough.. and I want you to know that it's okay if it's too much and you don't want to come around." He says.
"How many times do I have to tell you I'm not running away before you believe me?" I ask.
"It's okay if you need to run sometimes." He says. "I know this is a lot."
"Well I won't be running very far if you are okay with what I'm about to ask you.." I trail off.
"What is it?" He asks.
"My mum wants to kick me out of the guest house.. and Haz said I should move in here, with you guys-"
"Yes." He says quickly. "I love having you here, and I'd love to see that pretty little face every single morning."
He pecks my lips softly, obviously very happy about the decision. Not only is this a perfect time to move in for me, but Tom needs me more than ever right now. Now I will be right here, at his side to make everything okay.

A/N: srry today's chapter is a bit boring I wasn't gonna post bc I'm watching the inauguration but didn't want to leave u guys with nothing so I hope this is ok💙