•4•

I wake up to the sound of someone knocking on my door. I really don't want to get out of bed, especially after the late night I had last night. But the knocking persists so I roll out of bed and walk towards my front door. I open it, seeing my little sisters face.
"Why are you waking me up lily?" I groan.
"Because you're supposed to drive me to school today remember?" She asks. "Mum is at the church and dad took the car in to be worked on."
Crap. I forgot.
"Give me eight minuets." I say, letting her in and quickly running back to my room to get dressed, brush my teeth, and throw up my hair.  I look awful, but oh well. Luckily I don't have classes until later. I walk out, and grab my keys and bag.
"Let's go." I say.
We get in the car, and I pull out onto the road headed to her school.
"You were out late last night." Lily mutters.
"I was- just with some friends." I say in hopes that she won't push. It's not like I did anything wrong, but I just don't want to get into it with her. Especially not the part where Jacob showed up. She loves him so much, they're like best friends and every time him and I fight she gets so sad.
I pull up to the school, and park the car. Lily looks through the back seat for some snacks, since I always carry the best snacks with me, and there's a loud knock on my window that makes me jump. I whip my head around, seeing Tom on the other side. I roll down my window, irritated that he scared me.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"Dropping off my little brother paddy." He answers. "So.. how's the breakup feeling?"
My mouth drops, and his brows knit together in confusion.
"What breakup?!" Lily exclaims. "You broke up with Jacob?!"
"Oh shit.." Tom mutters and I glare at him.
"Lily it's okay-" I try.
"Why would you do that?! It's because of him isn't it!" She yells, looking to Tom.
"No it's not because of him." I shake my head. "Jacob and I just don't work anymore."
"You ruin everything." She says, getting out of the car and slamming the door.
I turn to Tom, and get out of the car to talk to him.
"Seriously?!" I groan.
"I didn't know it was that big of a deal.." he says.
"Well it is! Jacob is her favorite person on this planet, all she's ever known is him and I together. This is a big deal to her and I wasn't planning on the news coming from someone else!" I yell at him.
He gets an amused smirk on his face, and a small laugh escapes his lips.
"You're not seriously laughing right now are you?" I ask.
"Sorry princess, it's just funny watching you yell is all- but go on."
"Well I'm not going to yell if you're going to laugh." I push back the smile that I can't seem to understand. I'm mad at him, why am I smiling?
"I promise, no laughing. Let me have it." He encourages.
I shake my head with a laugh, and he laughs along with me. Funny how I'm the maddest I've been at him, yet this is the best we've gotten along since we met.
"I'm leaving." I say, opening my car door.
"That's probably a good idea. Your hair could use a brush through." He comments.
"And he's back to being an asshole." I mumble.
"Never stopped." He jokes as I get in my car, and pull out of the parking lot.
__
I sit in my lecture, not really paying much attention today. I have my texts with Jacob pulled up, not really knowing what to say but knowing that I need to say something. Our relationship isn't what it use to be, and we need to sit down and talk about it like adults.
I work up the courage to write him a text, and send it.
Eliana: we need to talk. Come over later?
I lock my phone and put it down, trying to pay attention for the rest of class.
After class comes to an end, I see that Jacob sent me a text that he will be at my house in an hour. Honestly? I'm not ready for this, because I already know how it's going to go. He's going to apologize, I'm going to say it's okay, and then all of this will happen again. It's time to end it, even though I'm not sure I want to.
Jacob has been in my life for three years now, my parents love him, obviously lily loves him, and at my mums church, everyone talks about what a great couple we are.
Except none of them see the issues we have.
"Hey! Eliana!" Haz calls to me from across the room which causes everyone to look my way. Having an Instagram famous friend is not the greatest thing when you don't like being the center of attention.
I walk down to him, and out the door.
"Maybe don't let everyone in the school know we're friends yeah?" I laugh.
"Embarrassed of me?" He gasps.
"No don't be silly. I just don't want the attention." I say.
"We are two very different people." He says. "I know you're mad at Tom so how about we ditch him and go get some food?"
"Can't, I'm meeting up with Jacob." I groan.
As we step outside, I see Meghan, and she glares at me intensely before walking off. Jeez she really has some issues.
"I'll text you later." I say to Haz.
"Alright, good luck."
I walk out to my car, seeing Tom standing with a group of friends I haven't seen. His eyes meet mine, but I keep walking. That is until Harry emerges from the group, waving me over. I don't want to go over there, but Harry is so nice I can't ignore him.
I walk over, and he smiles at me, pulling out his phone.
"I edited the photos, I just need your email to send them." He says, showing me the photos he took of me.
"Harry these are so good!" I say happily.
I type in my email for him, and he sends them to me. Tom looks me up and down, then quickly looks away. He seems different..
"So you're the pretty little thing that Meghan is so jealous of." One of the guys say.
"Uh- well, I don't know why-" I say.
"Me either, Meghan is hot." Tom says and I have to be honest.. that hurt my feelings just a little bit. It shouldn't- but it does.
"Meghans not all that great." Harry mutters, and turns his attention to me. "Tom just can't do any better."
Everyone in the group laughs, and Tom scoffs.
"You think I couldn't pull Eliana?"
"Quite honestly- no." Harry states.
"And you would be correct." I say to Harry, which makes all the guys yell in amusement. I giggle, and Tom gives me a challenging look.
"I need to go, I'll see you later." I say more to Harry than anyone else, and go to my car. Once again getting nervous for the conversation I'm about to have with Jacob.