eleven

listen to fire of love by jesse jo stark

draco

that pathetic excuse of a ravenclaw. how dare he try to make a move on what was rightfully mine. and what did she answer with? was she trying to lay him off?

did she feel that she was mine? she had to know it was true. that i only i was allowed to look at her that way and lay hands on her skin. she would only ever be screaming my name.

i shake my head and look out for the snitch. we would be playing gryffindor this week and i couldn't let that potter get to it first. "c'mon, malfoy!".

i sneer at adrian pucey, my quidditch captain, and see a small flash of gold zip past me. i'm diving on my broomstick before i even realize it.

the wind is rushing at my face, whistling in my ears. i clutch onto my broomstick tightly and reach out for the small ball. my fingertips graze it gently and i snap forward, snatching it in my enclosed fist.

i pull up immediately, before i can hit the ground and fly up, looping around my own axis. i get control of my broom again and hold my hand up, showing pucey the snitch.

"good job!", he calls out and i smirk, landing on the field next to my waiting teammates. i hand the snitch to pucey and he packs it away, just as potter and his gryffindors walk onto the field.

"you done here, pucey?", he asks. our team is already heading towards the changing rooms. "yeah. have at it.", adrian replies and follows us.

"you did well back there, malfoy.", he murmurs to me and i smile tightly at him as he pats my back harshly. "thanks.", i whisper and walk into the changing room.

i get dressed quickly and rush out of the room, running upstairs to the astronomy tower, one hopeful image in mind. she had to be there. she had to.

if she wasn't, i'd make her pay.

"draco!", a voice calls out and i halt in my steps. i'm in the first floor corridor in the west wing, who on earth was here? i turn around and see luna lovegood.

i frown at her. luna lovegood was a creepy little girl. she was so strange, always had this spaced out look on her face. i was surprised she even dared to call me by my first name.

she scampers up to me, a book in her hands, which she shoves at me into my chest. i give out a small breath and take it from her, my mouth agape.

"what is this, lovegood?", i sneer and she licks her lips, tapping her fingers on the cover. "this is delany's. tell her that her the notes on mimbulus mimbletonia were most pleasantly helpful towards my homework.", she speaks.

i frown as she pulls her hand away and reaches into her pocket, shifting around for something. "now why would you give me this? i am not friends with aster.", i grunt and she drags in a breath before letting out a gasp.

"there it is!", she exclaims and pulls out a small charm. she piles it onto the book and i clutch af it before it slips up the floor. i hold it up in front of me and glance at it.

the silver leaf shaped charm catches the light gently and reflects into my eyes. i scoff  and put it in my pocket.

"lovegood, i'm not friends with aster.", i punctuate and she giggles, literally giggles, with a hand over her mouth. she points a finger at me and jabs me on the chest.

"why'd you pocket that charm then?", she rhetorically asks me and turns around, striding away. i feel heat rising into my cheeks and catch a few breaths, looking around wildly in confusion.

she's out of sight before i can even snap back a comeback and i decide to continue my way to the astronomy room.

-

my cheeks are probably still red when i climb the last few steps and i take in deep breaths to get rid of it. i cant believe i was blushing at the thought of calling delany a friend. what was i, 12 years old with a puppy crush?

i can hear a few soft notes coming from behind the door and i take in a last deep breath before opening it slowly. there's no figure at the window but the sound was unmistakably someone playing the piano.

in the back of the astronomy, just in front of the balcony, stood a magnificent black grande piano, and at it sat her familiar slender figure, bent over the tiles, hands in front of her levitating across them.

i stand there in the doorframe, watching her fingers move swiftly across the tiles, as the corresponding note plays at her touch on the ivory. i close the door, but she doesn't look up.

i slowly walk towards her, not to startle her, pressing her book against my chest, licking my lips.

i haven't seen anything so mesmerizing. she was so in her own little world, just her and the tiles. i wish i could have that with her. a place where it's truly just her and i.

i shiver gently at the thought and sit down next to her as she finishes off her piece, her fingers lingering there for a moment. then she pulls them back, stepping off of the pedal.

she slowly angles her head to me and her eyes meet mine, a soft glimmer in them as she smiles gently at me. "hello.", she whispers and i hold back my gasp.

she was beautiful. so beautiful.

"you know, it lasts longer if you take a picture.", she interrupts my moment and i roll my eyes at her. she looks back at the tiles and starts playing a small melody with her right hand only, skipping through it.

"have you thought about it yet?", i inject and she sighs, looking at me, continuing her little song. "i still have 3 hours to think about it, malfoy.", she replies and i smirk at her, eyeing her up and down.

"you do like to keep me on my toes, don't you, aster?", i hiss and she chuckles, looking down at her hand. she pauses it and licks her lips, exhaling softly.

i grip the chair and lean towards her.

"so you can suck me off better, right?", i add and she snaps her head in my direction. there's no disgust in her face, nothing at all.

she draws in quick short breaths. her eyes flit around, analyzing my face. her sharp brows furrow slightly as she frowns at me, small creases in shape of v's forming between them.

"how do you do it?", she whispers almost inaudibly and i shake my head. "what?", i ask her and she clicks her tongue in her mouth, staring into my eyes.

"how do you make me feel these things that i haven't felt, ever?", she admits and i smile slightly at her words. i dare myself to put one of my hands on her cheek. it holds half of her little face and she doesn't even flinch away.

"come on, aster, you must feel.", i joke and she shakes her head, leaning her head closer to mine. i can smell her, that sweet scent of maple syrup. i have no idea where she gets it from, but i'm hooked.

"never. never before you.", she mutters and gulps, looking away from me. her face feels hot in my hand and i angle her head up to face me again as i lean closer to her.

"what do i make you feel?", i inquire and she stops breathing momentarily. "anger. hate.", she begins to list and i lean away again, the moment ruined. i sigh and rub my temple, removing my hand from her face.

"but also other things. lust. intrigue.", she finishes and i look at her again. she's staring right at me and i am so close to losing control. if she bats her eyes once more, i'll be running wild.

her lips are parted and i swear, they are begging for me. she must be begging for me right now. i loved thinking that. christ, she has to be.

i put my hand on her back, pulling her towards me. i have to stop myself from lifting her into my lap. our faces are only inches apart and each of her soft breaths hits my lips, making me scream mentally.

"you tell me what you want in 3 hours, aster.", i command. i get up abruptly and put her book on the place where i had just been sitting.

and before i lose control, i run out of the room.

-

i re-read the cursed child recently and ngl 37 year old draco can have me. i'm not kidding. he got soft at his old age, i'm in love.
xx,cece