twenty-three

listen to acid by dream,ivory

draco:

disgust and hatred was filling me. but so was this lustrous emotion, making my cheeks feel ablaze and my stomach go churning without warning.

what i had done was a splendor of horror. a raw dream.

the marionette standing in front of me was splattered with blood. my blood. it glowed like splinters of rubies in the pale light.

i had come here to practice dueling, and, unintentionally, i dropped my wand at a mistake.

then the rage finally took over me. i went haywire, hitting the wooden doll over and over again. my knuckles ached and burned and looking down at them, a fresh memory revived.

the look on her face. her hand bleeding, the glass splinters that crumbled further upon the pressure of her weight against the floor.

she was waiting for me. her quail shiver and the small tremble of her bottom lip. but i knew better than to succumb to that illusion of hers that she had practiced so masterfully.

behind her eyes lay an unknown place to her, something she seemed to fear. i took her to that place, dragging her to it, slamming her upon it.

my mere presence opened the door to it and she hated it more than anything else in the world. she was loathsome about it and i could not blame her any less.

i grab my cloak and toss it over my shoulders, buttoning it up upon my chest. i had just finished my homework, 40 inches of scroll for transfiguration, probably my least desirable class.

my divination homework was still undone but i knew exactly the person who would complete it for me. she would not object, was not allowed to, according to our current terms.

i wrap my fingers around a bundle of parchment scrolls and pocket a jar of the darkest shade of indian blue ink, pushing it next to the special quill.

ruffling my hair once more i begin to venture out of the slytherin dungeon just as i bump into adrian pucey.

he looks at me and crosses his arms in front of him. "where in merlins name are you off to now, malfoy?", he asks sternly and i scoff.

"really, adrian? don't give me that look, you know how much i despise it.", i sneer and he chuckles, shaking his head. i suppress my smile and breathe in deeply.

adrian looks behind his shoulder and turning back to me he says: "you better be in a better mood by tomorrow, draco. we're playing hufflepuff and we can't bare to lose.".

i bite my lip and look away from him. i had almost forgotten about my after school activities, the ones that didn't involve sneaking around hogwarts to be in the presence of a certain someone.

"i assure you, pucey, we will not be beat by such mudblood lovers.", i hiss and adrian visibly recoils from me. i tend to forget who i'm dealing with. "excuse my language.", i add.

he sighs loudly and shuts his eyes. he knows not to say anything stupid in this moment of tension between us, it could cost him house points, or a black eye at worst.

"i just don't want slytherin to lose their first proper match of the year, my first year as captain after marcus left and all.", he concludes and i step past him, patting him on the shoulder.

"we have got this, pucey. it's in the bag this year.", i promise and with a reassured nod from him, i can finally make my way down the winding stairs and out of the basement.

the more steps i take, the heavier my limbs seem to become. a million thoughts seemed to be racing through my mind but i no longer had any efficient self control to focus on one.