seven

listen to kiss with a fist by florence + the machine

delany

"what the fuck!", he bellows and i jump up onto my feet. "muffliato!", i hurriedly chant and scowl at him. "you idiot!", i shout back and he rolls his eyes at me.

"you're the one whose in my fucking hideout!", he snaps and i laugh at him. "your hideout?!", i scoff. he picks up his want and points it at me.

"yes!", he replies and flicks his wand, disarming me. "hey!", i protest and climb down from the ledge, picking it up. "flipendo!", i hex right at him but he blocks it.

"are you fucking serious?!", he laughs. i feel the rage towards him raise in me. "you could never win in a duel against me, you know that!", he declares and i shake my head.

"bet, malfoy.", i retort and he smirks at me, waking backwards, moving his feet slowly. i need to be focused. i cannot let him win. i would die of shame if he did.

the way he called me a slut today really got to my head. cedric could see that something was bothering me but when he asked, i had snapped at him like a total bitch.

i apologized but my anger towards this horrid and rude pure blood was still channeled within me. i had to show him that i had the upper hand.

he's about the throw a curse towards me when i mutter "depulso.", and he is flung back. his back connects with the pile of astronomy books in the corner.

he winced and i smirk. "not so tough now, are we, malfoy?", i chuckle and he limps forward. but i know this tactic, act weak and then surprise attack. i did. same thing for a while.

i hold my wand at fake ease, clamping onto it tightly, ready to move my muscles as soon as he moved his. "incendio.", he mumbles but i shield it off with a countercurse.

he looks deflated. i knew that i could win this. "serpensortia!", i hiss and a large boa constrictor flies out of the tip of my wand.

"expecto patronum!", he bellows and a silver raven flies out of his wand, diving onto the snake, making both disappear into thin air, leaving behind the raven's glowing trail.

i'm stunned, actually surprised at how draco had done that so quickly. like he had been practicing it since he was young.

"didn't know you even had a happy memory.", i joke. i level my eyes to his and am too late. "petrificus totalus!", he hexes and i'm stunned.

literally.

i cant move at all and i curse at myself for letting it all get to my head. draco chuckles and steps closer, rolling up the sleeves of his black sweatshirt, revealing his bare arms.

i can see the mark on the inside of one of his arms.
i'm not too surprised, but it's still shocking to see one up close, especially on a hogwarts student.

"see, aster. i told you so.", he says coyly and i wear, i would punch him again if i wasn't frozen in position.

"now let's see what your nosy self was doing up here before i report you to your head of house.", he coos and walks towards the window ledge.

i want to scream at him. kick him. anything. he grabs the book and glances at the cover, holding his wand over the letters of it.

"the picture of dorian gray.", he reads and i gulp, wanting to shut my eyes so i wouldn't have to see his stupid smirk.

but the smirk never comes and he unfreezes me. i stumble towards him and snatch the book out of his hands, pressing it hard against my chest.

i look away from him and see something lying in the corner where the books were. draco must have lost it when i threw that curse at him.

"accio.", i calk out and catch it in my hand. draco looks at it and is about to snatch it out of my hand but i'm faster. it's a cassette tape.

"what in merlin's beard would you need this for?", i laugh and he snags it, shoving it into his pocket. he sneers at me and climbs up the ledge i was just sitting at when he came in.

"fuck off, aster.", he growls and i raise an eyebrow at him. "don't tell me you actually use something made by, i dare say it in front of you, muggles?", i tease him, dragging out the last word.

he cocks his head to look at me, an evil frown imprinted on his face. "you lost the first fight, don't try getting in another one so soon.", he threatens.

but it only makes me want to play some more. i laugh out loud and smirk at him. "you have a walkman? wow, draco, this is some great gossip!", i exclaim and he holds out his wand threateningly.

"shut up.", he growls and i climb up to sit next to him, leaning over towards him, trying to dominate visually over him.

"or what?", i whisper and i can hear his breathing hitch, his rage rising against me. i loved to play with this anger of his. i wanted to see him break.

"or i'll make you.", he mutters and looks at me with dark eyes. i hold my breath, taking in his threat and processing it. did he just mean it like i think he did?

i disgust myself, for even picturing that. i would hit my head if he weren't here. might even jump out of this fucking tower. he nods towards my book.

"what's that?", he asks and i frown. "why would you care about muggle literature?", i answer and i can tell he's frustrated with me.

"you know what, forget it.", he exhales and bites his lip, curling his hands onto fists. suddenly, he pulls out his walkman and plugs in his headphones, putting one into his ear.

the other he gives to me. i sit there, holding the earbud in my hand, confused. draco waits for me to put it in my ear but i'm nervous, so he grabs it from my hand impatiently, putting it into my ear.

he puts in the tape and presses play, setting the walkman down between us. i watch him glance out the window, his gray eyes glimmering in the dusk.

the first chords of a song start playing, slow and soft. a female starts singing gently and draco starts swaying to the beat, as if he knows this song off by heart.

i'm laughing on the outside, crying on the inside, cause i'm so in love with you.

he closes his eyes, breathing in slowly, leaning his head back. i marvel the arch of his neck, the pale skin stretched tightly across it.

i look away hurriedly. i cannot be staring at draco malfoy this way. i resented him. i don't need to fool myself into finding him attractive.

i pull the earbud out of my ear, scoffing at him. i pick up my book and jump down from the ledge. i turn and see him frowning at me.

"good night, malfoy.", i grunt at him and he shrugs, putting the second headphone in and ignoring me. i roll my eyes, breathing hard. i wanted to punch him again.

before i can fulfill my desire of hurting him again, i force myself to turn around and exit the astronomy room, leaving him behind.

-

i am not quite sure how many chapters i'm going to spend with them arguing like cats and dogs. but we'll see , i guess;)
xx,cece