ten

listen to fuzzybrain by dayglow

delany

today was sunday. i had to finish some homework, and since i was up far earlier than i usually would be, i decided to grab my books and head to the library.

i leave luna a note behind, saying i'll be gone. i put on an oversized marine colored sweater over my long sleeve shirt and leave my room, bounding down the stairs.

as i am about to run out the door, i collide into another ravenclaw. "oh, sorry.", i mumble and look up into a familiar face.

"wren, hi!", i greet him and he smiles down at me. he was literally a giant. "hey, delany, was it?", he asks for approval and i nod.

we leave ravenclaw tower together and he reaches out for the books in my hands. i roll my eyes at him but i let him take them.

"so, why are you up so early?", i ask him and he licks his lips, shrugging. "dunno, i'm an early bird. what about you?".

i suck in a breath through my teeth and pull one side of my mouth up. "i cant tell you why, i have no idea myself.", i admit and he chuckles.

"so you just thought you'd use those spare hours to study?", he laughs and i nudge him harshly with my elbow, raising my finger at him.

"hey, you're a ravenclaw now, you need to commit.", i joke and he sighs, throwing his free hand up in the air dramatically.

"i already give up, you must be a genius.", he says and i blush, looking down at my feet. we finally get to the library and i reach out to take my books from him but he holds onto them.

"uhm, this is my stop.", i try to make him realize but he just nods. i raise my eyebrows at him and hold my hands out, closing and opening my fingers rapidly.

"so is mine.", he says and opens the door for us. i cock my head to the side, smirking at him. "so you are truly a ravenclaw!", i call him out and he snorts, pulling me inside.

"don't expose me like that, aster.", he whispers and i smile, suppressing my laughs. i guide him to the small work area that i mainly sat at and take a seat by the large window.

i look outside and it was slightly drizzling, gray clouds hanging over gryffindor and ravenclaw towers. the courtyard was quiet and the green bushes were swaying softly in the breeze.

gloomy days like these really gave the library an ambiance that gave me a feeling that words couldn't describe. it was a sort of comfortable creepiness.

wren sits down across me and puts a book in front of him. tess of the d'urbervilles. i glance at him with a smirk. "muggle literature?", i whisper and he blushes.

"it's good, trust me.", he mutters and i giggle, licking my lips as he tries to hide his face in his hands. "i know. my personal favorite is the outsiders by s.e. hinton.", i tell him and he peeks through his fingers.

"i love that one!", he exclaims quietly and i nod eagerly. "very good book.", i repeat and open my divination book, flipping through the pages till i find my homework on the reading of tea leaves.

i study whilst wren reads his book. he explains some things to me and his gentle voice is soothing as he talks about the arrangement of the tea leaves and the dampness.

divination was his favorite class, i find out. he mainly loves astrology. "the stars are just constantly moving and we never know where to and why.", he comments and i smile.

he was absolutely adorable, sweet and kind. unlike draco.

why was i even comparing him to draco?! draco was my nemesis. my rival. i hate him.

but thinking about what he said last night just made me shiver. it made my heart pick up its pace . i hated that this happened, i didn't like draco lucius malfoy this way!

i refuse to let that be a thing. i cannot start feeling something for that stupid, stuck up narcissist. i should be crushing on wren, the perfect match for me.

or, even as i could never see it and it made me wretch more than the thought of me and draco, cedric. he knows me so well, we'd be the ideal couple. but i didn't like him that way.

but did i really like draco that way, either? did something inside me long for that idiot? it sounded impossible but something shifted in me last night.

he was so, i don't know, genuine. with the headphone in his ear, listening to a song like that. i couldn't picture it. but it was true.

wren shuts his book and i look up at him suddenly, ripped from my train of thought. he folds his hands over mine and the warmth of his skin gives me goosebumps.

"delany, i had a question for you.", he begins and i am afraid what he might say next could contradict with my own thoughts. he takes in a deep breath and his eyes meet mine.

"that time you kissed me, i cant stop thinking of it. i know we don't really know each other but i really want to get closer to you.", he speaks quickly and i almost don't catch everything.

i stare at him and my heart stops. i knew it. why me? i bite my lip and pull my hands out from under his. "wren, i'm flattered, really.", i begin and he holds up his hands.

"i get it.", he objects and i look down at my book, tears filling my eyes. i try to find words but he just sighs. "i'm sorry.", he adds and i shake my head.

"it's not you, it's me.", i whisper and look up at him, taking his hand before he can stand up and walk away. he freezes and leans forward, waiting for me to speak.

"i have never felt anything for anyone, wren.", i tell him and his eyes widen. "ever?", he asks and i nod, looking out the window.

"when my father left, i never thought that love was a good idea. seemed silly to me.", i continue. "i hated him for it.".

he puts his hand on my face and turns it back to face him. his face is unreadable and i shut my eyes, leaning against his hand.

"i wish i could feel something.", i mutter and he lets out a deep breath. i shiver again and he pulls his hand away. i reopen my eyes.

"it's okay, delany. we all go through things and i understand where you're coming from.", he says and i bite my tongue hard. i had no idea what to do.

"friends?", i suggest and he gives me a suppressed smile. i did reject him after all. "of course.", he replies and i nod. "you know what, i'll set you up with someone. i know she'll love you.", i promise him.

"this seat taken?", a deep voice asks and i look up to see his stupid smirking face. "yeah.", wren replies before i can say anything and draco sits down next to me.

"been a minute, hasn't it, aster?", he says tauntingly and takes my hand from the table, kissing my knuckles. i tug my hand away and stare at wren.

he looks shattered. i'm about to say something, but words cang make it out of my mouth. it's all stuck inside me and i could scream and punch but i'm stuck.

my heart flutters, dracos lips on my skin. i shouldn't be feeling this at all! i swear to god, i could kill myself!

wren gets up and smiles shakily at me. "see you later, aster.", he mumbles and makes a run for it, almost knocking down a gryffindor first year.

draco chuckles and i shut my book, grabbing my things. i get up and want to run after wren but draco holds me back by my wrist. i yank it free and raise my hand to slap him.

"oh, would you look at that. an aggressive ravenclaw.", he mocks and i shut my eyes tightly, grinding my teeth. "why you going so soon, aster? i just came here.", he whispers seductively and i put my hand down.

"shut it, malfoy.", i hiss and walk away from him. he perks up again. "not going to flash me? i was getting excited for that.", he calls out coyly and i show him the finger.

i run out of the library, only to see that wren was gone.

-

which draco do you guys like more?
the piece-of-shit draco or genuine draco?
i really can't tell you myself haha
xx,cece