four

listen to reflections by the neighbourhood

delany

i storm into the potions classroom just as professor snape is about to begin his lecture. i blush and hold out my potions book.

"excuse me, professor. i had to rush back to get my book.", i lie and he breathes in deeply, folding his hands in front of him.

"have a seat, miss aster.", he dismisses me and i quickly pace to my chair next to pansy. she looks pale, sick almost.

snape begins his lecturing and tells us that we will be brewing amortentia again, since nobody was able to make it last time, not even smart arsed malfoy.

just thinking of him makes me want to vomit.

i turn around and i can see him glowering at me, his gray eyes piercing through me. i frown back at him, and he rolls his eyes, looking away from me.

i turn back to the front and open my potions book, turning to the ingredients page for amortentia. i let pansy collect our things.

pansy wasn't the brightest student, so i helped her in a lot of her classes. we weren't close friends, nobody really liked pansy apart from a couple of her house mates.

if you thought draco was an ass, pansy was even worse. just nobody bothered to deal with her anymore. we had a mutual feeling towards each other.

i start both our fires and set our cauldrons on them, full with water. i look over my shoulder, back at malfoy, and watch him cutting up some peppermint leaves.

the way his fingers wrapped around the handle of the knife so delicately astonished me. and when he wrapped them tighter to slice up the leaf, his arm pushing down against the chopping board, it was intriguing.

"staring at malfoy?", pansy nudges me and i turn to look at her, raising an eyebrow. "just hoping he doesn't make it again.", i giggle and she smirks.

i start off by weighing ashwinder eggs, picking from a pile of different sized ones. then i crushed them finely, setting them aside.

i prepare the rest of my ingredients, seething them up in arrangement and i pick up the first thing to add, pearl dust, and pour it into my bubbling cauldron water.

i pick up my ladle and stir twice clockwise, three counterclockwise and another clockwise. i keep my focus on the given instructions on the book.

but my mind is drifting. i didn't have to turn and look at him again either to have him on my mind. the things i would do to that boy.

i'd kick him in the balls, hard. i'd push his head into that expensive and silly cauldron of his. i'll shove him off of his fucking broomstick.

"watch it!", pansy hisses and i look down at my cauldron, seeing that i'm almost adding too much powdered moonstone. i stop and drop the rest on my desk, blushing.

i pick up my wand, eye around the room. snape is staring at me, harshly, so i look back at my cauldron, gulp and shut my eyes, mumbling my charm.

the cauldron glows a dark purple as i open my eyes again and i laugh in surprise. its smells fimly of green apple and parchment. i spin around and see draco staring at me, mouth agape.

"you've got a little drool there, malfoy.", i tell him and he glowers at me, shutting his mouth. a hard line sets by his cheeks and i roll my shoulders back in satisfaction.

i turn back around and see snape striding my way, leering over my cauldron. he lifts his wand to the brim of it, taps once and puts his wand away.

"good work, miss aster. that will be 10 points to ravenclaw.", he mutters to himself almost and picks up a bottle, pouring some of my potion into it.

he walks back to the front of the classroom and pansy leans over to me. "if you don't give me extra tutoring sessions, i'll murder you.", she hisses and i smirk at her.

"amortentia smells different for every person. it is the scent of what you love the most.", he explains for what feels like the thousandth time.

i mentally roll my eyes as someone behind me perks up. "what if you don't love anything? must be hard for some people, what do you say, aster?".

i turn around and see crabbe and goyle sniggering at draco's childish antic. i frown at him angrily and he just smirks, that cocky, fucking smirk.

"mr. malfoy, come up here and tells us what you smell." , snape grumbles and draco stands up, straightening his robes. he strides to the front of the room, my eyes following him fiercely.

snape holds out the bottle under his nose and draco breathes in deeply, shutting his eyes. the pause makes everything more annoying. he is so dramatic.

then he turns around, smiling broadly. "i smell peaches and maple syrup. oh, and the snitch.", he announces and walks back to his seat, sitting down next to crabbe.

pansy shuffles stiffly in her chair next to me and starts biting at her nails. luna taps me on the shoulder from behind me with her wand and i turn around.

"why did draco malfoy smell you?", she whispers and i choke on my laugh. she frowns and tilts her head, pointing her wand at me.

"you sure he wasn't just thinking about his mummy's pancakes? get over yourself, luna. i hate him.", i retort and she licks her lips, leaning back, eyeing me.

i turn back around and snape is lecturing us again about what the scent might mean. i turn off my head and think about draco's words.

peaches and maple syrup.

peaches were my favorite fruit. i loved everything about them. the color, the scent, the flavor. i couldn't believe malfoy liked them too. that probably just ruined them for me.

i had been using the same maple syrup body lotion for years and i always got complimented on how sweet i smelled. i used to like it, but now that draco malfoy has smelled that i'll probably never use it again.

the bell rings, dismissing us. i get up, almost in trance, and head to the door just as someone shoves me aside. i look up, meeting his evil eyes.

"watch it, aster.", he mumbles, shoving a square piece of folded parchment into my hand. i stand there and watch him leave.

what a bipolar douche.

-

i never know what to write in these a/n's. but i'll keep on writing while i still have time and creativity hehe so if i go on a posting break, i'm only working on school things :/
xx,cece