fifteen

listen to fck me by i hate myself because

delany:

i was squirming with excitement. davies told me that i was most likely to be selected and that he barely had an ounce of doubt in it.

we were having a small celebration in our dorm with chocolate frogs and some little lemon cakes luna managed to sneak from her friends in the kitchens.

cedric was also there, sitting on my desk chair, holding a card in his hand, frowning. "it's scamander again.", he complains and tosses the card at me.

i catch it and toss it right back at him, hitting him in the face. "ouch!", he winces and i smirk at luna, who's biting off a cake. she is smiling lightly, like she always does.

"tell me, luna, did i see harry talking to you earlier on? what was that about?", i ask her and her smile broadens. she puts down the half eaten cake and cedric looks up from behind his hands.

"oh, not much, really. i was wondering wether he would like to escort me to the yule ball.", she tells us and i clap my hands together.

"you two would look great together.", i promise her and she rests her head on one of her shoulders, blushing slightly.

cedric chuckles and gets up, walking towards my bed and sitting down by me. i lay my head into his lap and he starts to braid strands of my hair.

"well, you do know that you two would be ideal?", she says coyly and i fake a gag, pointing a finger in my mouth. cedric chuckles.

"when trolls fly, luna.", he agrees and she shrugs melodramatically. "you're wasting a potential life of perfection but you do you.", she jokes and i wave her off.

"it would never happen, luna.", i repeat and she sighs. "i know, i know.", she mutters and retrieves her lemon cake. "especially since you're seeing dr-", she continues but i interrupt her.

"what did you say?", i speak and lift my head out of ced's lap to glare at her. she almost drops her cake out of her hand. cedric has stopped braiding my hair.

"you're seeing someone?", he chokes. i look up at him and the pain is evident in his eyes. the pain he was feeling right now was now wearing off on me and i hated every moment of it.

he has the face of disbelief. and i can understand where he's coming from. he's known me my entire life and he knows that i trust him more than i trust myself.

it hurts him that i didn't tell him about this.

"ced, really, i don't even know myself what's going on between me and him.", i stammer and sit up, taking his hand. he shakes me off. i can feel my heart start to crack inside me.

"hey, ced, listen, we haven't even been on a date yet. he hasn't even asked me out!", i speak and i can hear my voice crack, knowing i'm this close to crying.

i'm trying to grab onto his arm, to hold him down, to keep him with me. but he frees himself from my grip and shuts his eyes, turning away from
me.

"just give me a moment, okay?", i claw for an answer. "i can explain everything. i'll tell you everything. i swear!", i keep begging but he doesn't speak at all.

luna has gone silent in her corner and gets up, walking out and leaving us alone. he still doesn't move, even when the door closes.

"cedric, i love you. please don't shut me out, i need you.", i whisper into his shoulder, tears forming in my eyes. he breathes in deeply and looks at me.

he has this blank look on his face and for the first time ever, i have no idea what he could possibly be thinking about.

"who is it?", he demands and i shake my head, shutting my eyes. he sighs. "what can you tell me, delany?", he murmurs and i open my eyes again to look at him.