twenty

listen to lovesick by finn

(smut warning)

delany:

she has her face pressed
against windows
against walls
against her sheets
but has she been
pressed to me?
would she know how
that would make me feel?

i was running back to the castle. i was crying. i was evil. i was disgusting. how could i believe that he was a bad person? it was all just a charade.

i push the door open with my shoulder, stumbling in and attempting to run up the stairs, past a few students.

i almost lose my footing and fall forwards, a hand reaching out to steady me. i take it instinctively and look up at the owners face.

"you alright?", harry mumbles and i nod nervously, pulling my hand back and pushing my hair from my face. my breathing is heavy and he turns to his fellow gryffindors, waving them away.

they walk off and he focuses back on me, putting his hand on my back and pushing me up the last few stairs till we get to a landing.

"you're crying.", he accuses and i nod, wiping my face. i press the journal close to my chest and hope he doesn't ask about it. i wasn't ready to talk to him about it.

"it's nothing, harry. just some stupid boy.", i admit and he nods, biting his lip. his hand leaves my back and i look down at my feet, the tears still rolling down my cheeks.

"you can talk to me about it if you would like some advice?", he suggests and i smile lightly, leering up at him.

"no offense, potter, but you're not the best with advice.", i joke and he shrugs, rolling his eyes with a smirk. "might help make you smile, though.", he replies.

i laugh lightly and feel myself loosen up in the slightest. i sigh and so does he and i lick my lip.

"delany, i was wondering, well, you see, i like this girl.", he begins and i gasp, nudging him slightly with my foot. "harry potter, i am shocked.", i mock.

he shushes me and i giggle as he looks around. "i was wondering wether you could give me any tips on asking her out?", he questions and i smirk.

"does she like anything specific? like an obsession, of some sort?", i ask and he thinks over this for a moment. my eyes still burn slightly but i've stopped crying in the meanwhile.

harry wasn't as annoying as i portray him. he was just difficult to deal with at times. "she loves creatures.", he finally admits and i ponder over this.

"well, take her out to see some maybe? like a date?", i suggest and he gulps visibly, paling. "uh, yeah, so i just go, 'hey, would you like to go out with me'?", he asks.

i smile and raise my eyebrows. "something like that, yeah.", i giggle and he groans. "oh, merlin.", he whispers to himself and puts his hand on his face.

"you've got this, harry, really.", i assure him and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. he reveals his face to me again and i give him a broad smile to boost his hidden confidence.

he returns the gesture and someone clears their throat next to us. i jump away from harry and stare at the person next to us. of course.

"malfoy.", harry seems to grumble and draco smirks. "you really do get the girls, don't you, potter?", he jokes and harry visibly retorts.

draco turns his gaze to me and i can feel the goosebumps scatter across my skin as he eyes me up and down with his piercing eyes.

"aster isn't available though, at the moment, aren't you?", he jeers and harry turns to me, his face in a frown.