eight

listen to arms tonite by mother mother

delany

cedric and i finally were at the three broomsticks, catching up over some butterbeers. he made me laugh so hard, i almost snorted some of it up and my nose was still burning.

"and i've honestly given up on the cho situation.", he admits, looking down at his almost empty butterbeer. i stiffen at her name and blush.

"oh, merlin, ced, i'm so sorry i forgot!". i grumble and mentally slap myself for forgetting what i had promised him. he chuckles and raises his mug to his lips, finishing his drink.

"it's all okay, del.", he assures and puts down five galleons onto the table, getting up. "come on, let's go to flourish and blotts, i saw they got in a new stack of quills.", he raises his eyebrows at me and i smirk at him.

i finish my butterbeer quickly and we say goodbye to madame rosmerta as we pass her, walking out into diagon alley.

hooking my arm under his, we start towards flourish and blotts. "how was your week, delany delicious?", cedric calls me by his cheesy nickname for me.

i nudge him gently and smile. i debate about telling him what happened between and malfoy and i, but something didn't sit right with me telling him now.

he would think it was weird and that i'm probably just reading something into it, especially how much i expressed my hatred towards him publicly, and vice versa.

"tutored a couple of kids, helped hermione get herself a date with hannah abbott.", i smirk. i had seen them in the three broomsticks, gawking at each other cutely by the window.

cedric laugh. "oh, so you played cupid? wanna try for me?", he jokes and i blush again. "i said i was sorry!", i wail helplessly and lean against him.

he nudges me and i bury my face into his bicep, looking up at the sky. it was a beautiful day, not too warm, not too cold.

i was wearing a long sleeved dark blue dress with white stripes stretched across it and gray knee high stockings. cedric detaches himself from me as we stand in front of the store and opens the door for us.

i hush inside and immediately see what he was talking about before. in the quill section there were a bunch of new colorful ones, all just screaming to be bought.

i squeal softly and stagger right towards them. cedric chuckles behind me and follows me, putting one of his hands into the pocket of his jeans.

i grab the purple one, turning it around in my hand. "look, it's so beautiful.", i whisper to him and he nods. "yeah, yeah.", he says absently and i look up at him.

he's looking elsewhere and i follow his gaze, seeing the newbie standing in a corner by the parchments. "hey, newbie!", i call out and he turns around.

he sees me and smiles, waving at me. he walks over to us, looking shy. "it's wren, by the way.", he informs me and i sigh in relief. "thank you, i have no idea how long i might have called you newbie.", i admit.

he laughs. i point towards cedric. "this is cedric diggory.", i introduce him and he holds out his hand, which cedric takes friendly and shakes it.

"nice to meet you.", wren says. "i just transferred this year. ravenclaw.", he adds and points to me. "ah, okay. how are you liking it so far?", cedric asks.

wren nods, looking around. "okay, so far. i have to learn everything from the past 3 years. went to a muggle school before, but i did know some things. like expelliarmus and all the basic things like that."

cedric and wren are hitting it off well, so i turn back to the quills, picking out a green one, a sky blue one and a peach colored one. that is my new favorite.

"i'll just go get some books.", i tell the boys and the dismiss me only barely. i roll my eyes playfully and walk up the steps to the books section.

i head to the shelf in the back for herbology books, pulling a few out and reading the summaries. somebody else walks up the stairs and i turn to face whoever it was.

draco and pansy stand there, draco pulling a face as pansy drags him to the charms section. he doesn't see me and i hide in my corner, watching them.

"oh, don't be so pissy, malfoy. you've been like this all week.", pansy whispers and draco raises his eyebrows. "and let's not forget what you did.", she adds quietly and pales.

i hide my face behind the books and try to lean closer towards them. "what do you mean, parkinson.", he snorts, crossing his arms in front of his chest as she pulls out specific books from the shelf.

she turns on her heel to face him, looking around. she doesn't see me, yet. i am almost exposed but i know i need tk keep my distance.

"well, you fucking shoved your fucking dick into my mouth and called me delany!", she hisses and malfoy pulls out his wand.

"shut up!", he snaps back and i go back to hiding in my corner, my heartbeat picking up. i couldn't believe my ears.

"delany?", i can hear cedrics voice call out. "you still coming down?"

i shut my eyes and stop breathing. fuck.

"aster?", draco's voice grumbles and i open my eyes again, frowning at him. his face is pale, his eyes open wide, the gray shimmering.

"yeah, that's me.", i retort and rush past him, shoving him with my shoulder. pansy is looking at me terrified as i breeze past her down the stairs.

i quickly pay for my things, say goodbye to wren and drag cedric outside. he looks perplexed as i pull him down to a dark alley.

i put my newly bought things into my bag and pull out my want, looking left and right as i stop in front of a door. "alohamora."

i push us inside and lock the door as soon as it closes. cedric is so confused, he's standing there with an open mouth.

"shut your trap, you're catching flies.", i semi-joke, because i was way too terrified to be joking right now. "what is going on?!", he exclaims and i sigh, rubbing my forehead.

"sit down, diggory. this is going to be a long story."

-

how do you guys feel about cedric and delany? and what about delany and wren? what do you ship? ;)
xx,cece