twenty-seven

listen to after hours by the weeknd

delany:

"i love you."

my head. my heart. my arms. my hair.

don't listen to him.

i startle back and draco jumps back, just as surprised at my sudden tic-like reaction. i cough once and his eyes stare at me, a worrisome look within his pale complexion.

yes. that's right. now, dear, tell him how you hate him.

i grope for the sheets and pull them up to my chin, bending my knees so i can hide my body from him.

"what are you doing, lie down!", he chokes in a harsh whisper and i scoot further away from him as he stands up and reaches out to force me back into a lying position.

sweetheart, would you please be so kind and tell this boy to leave? he has no right to be here. no right to touch you at all.

i squeeze my eyes shut and his hand brushes against mine as he struggles to pull out the sheets that were gripped between my fingers.

"fuck off!", i scream so immediately that he lets go instantly and stumbles backwards into his stool, pushing it over. it clatters to the ground and the door of the infirmary opens, madam pince marching in towards us.

"i'm sorry.", he hesitantly mumbles but she grabs him by his arm, tugging him along behind her and ranting on about how she had already bent enough of the rules for him to even be here.

he looks at me over his shoulder as he is finally dragged out of the room. the door shuts and the echoes bounce along the walls.

good girl. i never thought he would ever leave you alone.

i whimper. he's gone now.

that's right, he's gone.

what happened? why am i here?

it's alright, my dear, you'll be just fine. i will watch over you from here on out. you need not know who i am, i know that that is what you are sure to ask me next, but i am here and i will make sure he never hurts you again.

i...i understand. no. i don't understand at all. where are you? how can i be hearing you?

the door opens again but the voice is quiet. madam pince looks around the room and i lay myself back down, turning onto my side so she cannot analyze my startled expression.

do not bother with such nonsensical questions.

please.

quiet.

was this all in my head? was there a part of me that feared for my life when it came to draco malfoy?

it is not what you think it is.

then explain it to me!

you must be safe.

i grit my teeth and roll back onto my back, stretching out my legs underneath me. my spine aches and i feel my heart pounding in my head.

i am sorry. but i had to.

had to what?! why was i here? how was i here? what happened in those hours where i had blacked out? why was i in the stupid infirmary?!

you are not you. but i am also not you. we are you.

me? what? who is we? you? who are you?!

he can never touch us again. never.

stop saying things! i...i love him!

no, you don't. you should know better than to mistake that feeling for love. ha, what a stupid pitiful joke.

but i love him.

you do not have an idea what even emotions are. you know that.

but he makes me feel something. surely that has to be what an emotion is. and what about cedric? how come i know what it feels like to be loved and appreciated when it comes to him?

that cedric is good. he is a good, good boy. you should love him.

i do love him.

you know what i intended to mean.

no. no, i cannot love cedric in the way i love draco. he's much more like a brother to-

silence! that is a complete lie! you do not love that draco. you do not.

how are you so very sure of that?! it sounds like you have no idea of who i even am!

you are not you. we are you.

there is no we.

you would be surprised.

shut up.

it does shut up. how nice. i breathe in deeply and lay my head back, sighing. what was this? it was making me feel sick in the pit of my stomach.

my stomach? our stomach?

no! now i was even believing them!

i turn around, shoving my face into the pillow and scream and scream and scream. who is i and who is them? what the fuck even has me thinking like this?!

don't go crazy, they'll put you into st. mungo's!

yeah?! you think?! you better start explaining things then because i have no idea why this is happening and can you tell me why i barely have control over my own body?!

i really do not want to do this to us.

do what?! for merlin's sake, i already have no clue whatsoever on what this even is in the first place so could you just please do me the favor and inform me who you are before i decide to hurt...our body.

stop, okay! just give me a moment.

my fingers tingle and i tilt my head to the side so i can breathe in deeply. but i can't. all of a sudden, i feel like my head is shrinking, like i'm disappearing into my own body.

i feel light and i feel like i'm floating and when i look away i realize that i'm not moving anything at all. there was no pressure, my gaze just swiftly moved along to where i wanted it, the ceiling.

i am floating closer to it and i want to look down, confused at what was lifting me up in the air. i look over my shoulder.

except that there is no shoulder and there is no head that i am moving and there is a person in the cot underneath...me? but...

the girl in the bed is me. that is me. us?

i'm sorry dear, but it's for the best, trust me.

i look back at the ceiling but it's black. and then everything is black.

where am i?

-

I KNOW THIS IS A SUPER SHORT ADDITION BUT IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY TRUST ME:3

xx,cece