twenty-four

listen to midnight love by girl in red

delany:

i awoke thinking i was back in my dorm room. but the scenery did not match to my thoughts, and neither did the feeling of the soft mattress in my imagination compare to the reality of hard and firm.

and...moving?

it took me a second to realize that i was lying not just on something, but also on someone. i sat up at that immediately and his arm dropped to the floor.

we fell asleep? no.

but the evidence was clear as day, ironic, since the first rays of morning sun were streaming through the glass panes of the windows.

the scribbled parchment with my mimicked version of dracos handwriting was still lying on the cill where we had left it unraveled to let the ink dry.

the ink bottle was screwed shut, standing on one end to keep the scroll open, the other end being held down by the quill. my quill.

he had kept my quill all this time. was he that sentimental towards it? it baffles me.

a shuffle echos through the room. my cloak flaps as i spin around, seeing draco's limbs shift, enclosing his own torso in his arms, as if searching for my sleeping shape.

but, unsatisfied in his state of oblivion, his arms fall to his sides and he groans, leaning his head against the wall. i smile softly.

i had no idea that anybody could have ever make me feel the way he does. it made me want to throw up my entire guts, but i loved that squirmy feeling of sickness.

i sit back down next to him and carefully lean my head onto his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat thump through his ribs. a soft sigh escapes his pale lips and i hold my breath as his arm shifts again.

his hand slithers around my waist and grips tightly, pulling my body to his, making me fall into his arm. i feel the heat rush through my face, biting my lip and catching my breath.

"you are not going anywhere.", his voice mumbles huskily and i leer up at him, his eyes still shut in a frown, his mouth agape.

draco malfoy. what a sight.

i kiss his shoulder and lay myself lazily in his arms. i felt so comfortable, protected by him. it gave me an odd emotion of security.

he breathes in deeply and emits a loud yawn, a small growl making his chest vibrate. my skin tingles at hearing this and it feels as if someone has slid ice cubes into the back of my robes.

i realize i'm still only dressed in lingerie and i giggle softly, shutting my eyes and pressing my mouth into the inside of his elbow, breathing in his scent.

green apples.

a vivid memory replays in my mind, watching myself stand over a cauldron upon a burning fire. the liquid is purple and pansy is standing next to me, struggling with cutting her ingredients.

draco is snickering about a joke he made and snape strides over to my cauldron to inspect my creation. "that will be 10 points to ravenclaw.", snape's voice echoes.

amortentia. the love potion.

"what if you don't love anything? must be hard for some people, what do you say, aster?", draco laughs, as do his stupid little tag-alongs.

how ironic. i still remember this. his striding figure as he's called up to smell his version of the potion. maple syrup, peaches and the golden snitch. luna asking me why he smelled me.