five

listen to dead to me by kali uchis

delany

classes are over and i run through the halls, on a strict schedule to get to my dorm as quick as possible to be rid of my book bag.

i know cedric had his house team meet up for quidditch practice after school and i had to apologize for not meeting him before classes.

i know he probably isn't mad, but i know that if i don't explain myself, my self destructive self will completely break me.

i finally get to ravenclaw tower and grumble as i'm being given a riddle to solve. i didn't have patience for this, but i needed to keep my head level.

"what starts running at the flick of a switch?", the voice asks me and i frown, creasing my forehead. fucking door, i don't have time!

"water from a tap.", i hiss and i squeeze myself through the gap as the door opens slowly. i climb up the stairs and head straight for the closet in my dorm.

i change into one of the hufflepuff quidditch sweaters that cedric once gave me as a joke. i glance at my reflection in the window and smile.

yellow looked good on me. too bad i wasn't a hufflepuff. but it made sense, i wasn't necessarily nice to everyone.

i run back out of the dorm, almost crashing into luna in the common room as i head for the door. "sorry!", i mumble and race through the halls of the castle, breathing heavily.

my skirt flutters and i curse under my breath for not wearing pants, again. i clamber down the stairs and follow my path to the quidditch field.

as expected, 12 hufflepuff students on brooms were zipping through the air, doing a few drills with bludgers.

i head for the stands and climb up the steps, wrapping my fingers around the sleeves of the sweater. i am almost at the top when im pulled back harshly.

"what-", i begin but a hand is pushed over my mouth. i stare into malfoy's gray eyes and reach out to hit him. he dodges and presses his hand tighter on my mouth.

"did you not read my fucking note?", he hisses and i frown meanly at him. he lets go and i catch my breath, spitting at his feet.

"what, you think i read that thing? why on earth should i have done that?", i scoff and he growls, placing his finger with the serpent ring under his chin.

"you're very cute when you run, aster. like a little child running to his daddy.", he chuckles and i snort at him, flipping him off. "in your dreams, malfoy.", i reply.

he steps closer to me and my breath hitches. i keep my eyes locked on his, trying to look as brave as possible. he looks me up and down and i seem to shrink in size as he stands only inches from me.

"read it.", he demands and i roll my eyes at him, scowling. he frowns harshly at me, his eyes shoo uns daggers at me. "now.", he whispers huskily and i shudder visibly.

he chuckles lowly and i fish through my pockets for it and pull it out, unfolding it in front of me. "you should be happy i even kept it.", i state but he remains silent.

i can see his tidy penmanship on the parchment, the a's looking like little curly number 2's. his i's dotted with round circles rather than just a plain dot.

i might even spare you

i laugh at the words, raising it next to my head and cocking my head to the side, leaning onto my left leg, putting the other hand on my waist.

"this was what you wanted to say?", i ask and he nods, his face serious. i laugh again and toss it at him. he doesn't even flinch.

"you don't deserve to die.", he tells me and i sigh, my heart picking its pace. maybe malfoy wasn't so awful? did he have a soft spot?

"no, i'd much rather have you tortured.", he admits with a sadistic grin and i stiffen at his comment. my head is straight again and i feel rage channel inside me.

"you'll be my slave.", he whispers and i curl my fingers in my palms into fists, moving the sleeves up to my wrists.

"i'll have you clean my house, you'll be sleeping the laundry room. maybe i'll even let my guests have a go at you, being the skirt lifting slut you are, you'd probably enjoy it, too.", he adds.

i snap.

my arm coils forward uncontrollably, straight onto his nose. a soft crack sounds and draco staggers backwards, grabbing his face, moaning.

i breathe heavily and stare at him. he pulls his hands away, staring down into his palms. they're full of blood, as is his face.

his eyes are dark with hate as he looks at me. my knuckles ache and i pull the sleeves over my hands again, sucking in a breath and running up the stairs to the stand.

i sit down and try to focus onto the players zipping through the air but draco's fearful face is still in front of my eyes, the look in his eyes unforgettable.

then a player stops in front of my stand and i get up, smiling at cedric. "looking good in that sweater.", he calls out and i jump up and down, chanting a couple of silly hufflepuff songs.

he flys away, his eyes watching his teammates carefully, correcting them at times. but he sneaks glances back at me from time to time and when he does, i time a fake smile.

even after practice i cannot get that incident between me and malfoy out of my head.

did i break his nose? it definitely looked and sounded it. so what? even if i did, he's smart enough to fix it himself.

as i'm in my bed again, i stare at the ceiling, trying to fall asleep. but i cant. i just cant.

his stupid face won't leave my head and i hated him for that.

-

i am very well aware that ravenclaw and slytherin aren't the best match, which is exactly why i find it fitting for draco and delany. they constantly want to stay a step ahead of each other, prove themselves to be better than the other.
i don't really know how else to explain it, haha. but how do you find the plot so far? feel free to comment!
xx,cece