Ch. 45

I wake up to an empty room, not surprising since Daniel slept for hours before I did.

I throw on a wine colored top with some white shorts before heading downstairs. When I get down, I see everyone crowding around Symali, who's pulling containers out of a bag.

"Dove, perfect timing!" Sym greets me, a wide smile splayed across her face.

"What's all this?" I ask, peering at the cups she's passing out curiously.

"Breakfast! I had a diner near here delivered." Mason smiles, sipping from his styrofoam cup.

"Ah, I was wondering what we were going to do, since there's no actual food in the cabinets." I laugh, grabbing a container with pancakes in it and the lemonade that's being handed to me.

"Yeah, none of us really cook, except for Rose, but since she does it for a living, understandably she doesn't want to do it on vacation." Andrew explains, basically crouched over his plate his face is so close.

"...So ya'll are just gonna eat out every day for the next two weeks?" I ask incredulously. 

"That's the plan!" Mason says, sitting down on one of the barstools next to me."

"Absolutely not. Ya'll deserve better than that." I protest, grimacing at the dryness of the pancakes as I go to pour more syrup on them. 

"Well, what are we going to do? Last time I made something myself, I quite literally set the house on fire. My dad will be PISSED if I fuck up this place too." Sym shrugs and I laugh, almost choking on my pancakes. I clear my throat as everyone tells me not to die.

"Ya'll forget I was my packs cook since I was 8?" I giggle and they look around sheepishly. 

"We didn't want to make you have to do anything you don't want to, otherwise we're no better than them." Rose says bluntly after a few seconds of silence and I shake my head. 

"None of that. You guys could never be even a percent as bad as they were. We're going grocery shopping today and I'm making a real dinner tonight so everyone go get ready." I declare and while they were hesitant to agree, I could see them getting excited for a proper meal.

"Yes ma'am!" Andrew says, throwing back the last of his omelet and before I know it everyone's upstairs. I sip my lemonade patiently as I think about what to make. Daniels down first, Andrew on his heels.

"Alright you two, what the fuck?" Andrew asks and I look at him, obviously confused. "When you two are apart, everythings fine, but then you get into a room together and all of a sudden I can cut the tension with a knife. Plus, his soul gets sad, and you become uneasy. Did you hook up or something?"

"What? No!" Daniel shouts in protest and Andrew cocks an eyebrow.

"Then what the hell happened? You both were all chummy when we reunited and now you wont even look at eachother at the same time." Andrew crosses his arms.

"We look at eachother all the time." I blurt without thinking and I blush slightly, thinking about all the times Ive accidentally gotten caught staring. Andrew shakes his head.

"Whatever it is, figure it out. The tension is weird for all of us." Andrew states definitively and I look to Daniel,  whos looking at the floor. Thankfully, at that moment Mason comes down the stairs.

"So it's just us. Apparently Sym has some business to attend to in town for her dad and Rose is going with her." Mason explains and I nod. Okay, perfect then, I was worried about us clogging up the aisles. Plus, I can surprise them with what I'm making easier.