Ch.27

I find Sym and Trinidee sitting in the grass on the outskirts of campus looking over and editing a piece of paper. Sym looks at me and smiles, taking out the pen between her teeth.

"Dove! Exactly who I wanted to see. Can you work with the ladies in the kitchen to make two cakes that Mason and Rose would enjoy?" I nod, both amused and slightly scared about the look in her eye. She puts a check by my name on the paper and sticks her pen back into her teeth.

"Okay thank you, that was all I needed. Don't mean to be rude but I'm really focusing on this." She gives me a half wave goodbye and I smile. She's REALLY into this.

I walk away, kind of confused on what just happened but it's whatever. I turn a corner to find Mason and Leo cuddling and talking. Mason's using Leo's lap as a pillow and Leo's running his fingers through Mase's hair. I walk by quickly, trying not to interrupt their moment. So Sym and Trinidee are planning, Jaxons in gaga land, Masons with Leo, it's awkward with Daniel, and God knows where Rose is.

I find the nearest wall and slide down it, trying to think of what to do. I'm tired, but I know I couldn't sleep if I tried. I could go for a run, but I don't have a ride to the woods. It's times like these that I really miss singing. I could just sit here for hours humming and never get bored. But alas, I still have a while until I can.

Finally after what seems like forever in my own thoughts, the bell rings. I stand up and pop my back. I sling my bag over my shoulder and head off to class.

~Timeo Skipeo~

"Guys I'm so excited for this, but remember, no word of this to Rose or Mason. Now, Dove, do you have anything to wear or do you want to come dress shopping with me and Trin?" Sym asks, linking arms with me and Trinidee.

'Not really.. But I could always go in jeans and a tshirt..' Sym laughs.

"Dude I would too if I could but I'm 100% sure Trinidee is forcing us into dresses. And believe it or not, but I'm kind of scared of her." Sym winks and Trinidee laughs.

"Every part of that sentence is true." Trinidee agrees and I smile.

'The most I'm going in is a skirt.' We climb into Sym's car while Trinidee hops on her bike. She revves the engine a bit, just to smile at the purr it created.

"How's she holdin up?" Sym asks, her eyes glued to it's now powder-pink coloring.

"She's been running great. Took her to the shop yesterday for the paint and got complimented on the motor. The guy who did it was cute too.. Early twenties maybe? And he was covered in motor oil. Yknow how I like my guys in uniforms. Even if he IS a human." Trinidee winks and Sym laughs. She starts up the car.

"You freak." Sym teases playfully and Trinidee sticks out her tongue. "We'll meet you there?" Trinidee nods before flashing a three fingered peace sign and taking off in a roar.

"I miss that bike. Dunno how I feel about the new coloring though. But then again I keep everything black." Sym laughs at herself and I smile. Sym plugs in her phone and strange music starts pouring through the speakers. It's definitely not english. It sounds good, and an adorable animated girl is dancing on Syms phone to the music.

"Sorry. It's in Japanese. I'd play the English dub, but Miku sounds better. This is one of my favorites, it's called world is mine." She flashes a toothy grin at me before singing along.

'I didn't know you spoke Japanese.' She gives me another smile.

"Not much, I've just listened to all these songs enough that I know the words somewhat. My friend got me into this kind of music, along with Kpop, manga, and anime. He came back from Japan with it so that's where I am. But I know the basics. It's funny though. A lot of people in my family are bilingual. My dad speaks fluent spanish, my little sister is learning spanish and italian, my older sister speaks fluent spanish, and then here I am learning Japanese and ASL." She laughs and I furrow my eyebrows.

'Wait, I didnt know you had sisters. Two brothers, but no sisters.' She gives me an amused look.

"Nah that's Trinidee. I have sisters and a brother." She smiles.

'Wait, so are you a weeaboo? I've heard those are peoples who really like Japanese stuff but arent Japanese." She laughs out loud.

"No no, a weeaboo is someone who prefers Japanese culture over their own, and thinks that they're cool just because they know a few words and can write stories about anime characters and know a lot of things about the culture. I'm not like that, I just like manga, anime, and some music. Don't get me wrong, I love all this stuff and I'd love to go there one day, but I don't obsess over it and pretend like I'm something I'm not, yknow? I'm me." She explains and I nod along. That makes sense.

Sym yells at some guy who didn't stop and almost hit us. She pulls out into the parking lot if the mall and leans back in her chair. A few minutes later Trinidee finally pulls up beside us and Sym laughs at her.

"Where were you slowpoke? Ogling at your new boytoy?" Sym teases and Trinidee gives her the not so nice finger.

"Rude, and of course." Trinidee smiles. We get out of the car and start walking towards the store. I swear, the most I'm going in is a skirt. Trinidee can beat me down, no more dresses or heels.