Ch. 32

We drive out past the forest and past the edge of town. I look at all the unfamiliar scenery through my open window happily.

'What if I told you Ive never been out of town before?' I think out loud and notice that the car's slowed noticeably. I look back into the car to see Sym staring, almost gawking, at me.

"Whats up?" Calum asks and Sym turns back to driving with a nonchalant dismissal of the hand.

"Thought I saw a bunny. Dont worry about it." She speeds back up again, turning up the radio. An advertisement comes up saying the station name before quickly fading into really loud music that sounds like it came straight out of the countryside. Sym turns the radio down some while Calum chuckles.

"Are you secretly a cowgirl?" Ashton asks jokingly and Sym rolls her eyes.

"Oh shut it. I was riding with my mom earlier. It was this, or either 80's Pop or Gospel. Besides, I actually like this song." She turns the radio up while Ashton scoffs.

"Whats it called then?" Calum asks and she rolls her eyes again.

"Its called Coward of the County." She sighs and Calum proceeds to ask who wrote it.

"Kenny Rogers. Can you stop now? Its halfway over already." Sym sings along to the rest of the song before switching the stations. I liked the guitar in that song for this drive. Theres lots of hills and trees, and it was calming. It was almost fitting that as soon as a rock song started up, we drove into a city. Its one of those cities that has skyscrapers and a lot of traffic. I stare out the window when suddenly Sym starts laughing.

"Well look who it is!" She yells out at the car next to us. Its a silver chevy truck with tinted windows. One of the windows rolls down and reveals a light haired kid driving and Daniel in the passenger. Daniel shoots me an uncharacteristic smile and Sym asks if theyd like to join us to Melanu hill.

"Sure, race you!" The light haired kid shouts as we roll up to a red light. Syn just revves her engine in response, a roar answering for her. This is too much like a movie for it to be real.

"Hold on to your wigs ladies, we're goin for a ride." Sym warns us, fire dancing in her eyes.

"I don't like that look. Its the same look you had when you hurled yourself down the stairs." Calum says and Ashton laughs. The light turns, and we're off. We gain speed as I increasingly become feared for my life. I flicker between my eyes being glued to the speedometer and the road in front of us. But as Sym weaves through traffic, I begin to have more and more fun. The wind is whipping through the car windows and Syms laughter is playing a melody with the loud music. I feel the urge to do something. Anything! Go running, dancing, scream at the top of my lungs, or climb a tree.

"Calum check this out." Ashton says and unrolls his window. I turn in time for him to stick just about half of his body out the window. I laugh out of shock and worry, but his shouts of happiness tells me he's okay.

"Hey I wanna try too!" Calum shouts and follows Ashtons suit. Sym reaches behind and tries to pull Calum back in while trying to keep control of the car.

"Uh, no! If he dies that sucks but whatever, I literally cant live without you! Get your butt back in this car! Dove, little help please?" Sym looks to me so I take over for her and Calum grins.

"We'll be okay! Just let go!" He says and disappears out the window.

"Dove!" An exasperated Sym groans at me and I shrug.

"I tried but Im not exactly strong and he was set on going out there." I explain and she smiles a little.

"You're a werewolf Dove, are you really not strong enough to bring a human back into a car? I expect 15 more push ups than usual during our next training session to make you stronger." Sym links me and I smile. At least shes not too upset. Calum and Ashton keep shouting and banging on the car hood. It looks like theyre just sitting there. I wonder what its like.

"Go ahead Dove. I know you want to." Sym waves me off and I immediately undo my seatbelt. I cautiously begin to work myself out the window before sturdily planting myself on the window and roof. The wind blows my hair back and nips at my face. It's harsh, but makes me happy at the same time. Ashton and Calum start 'Whoop'ing as soon as I get out.

"Finally joined the group! You troublemaker." Calum grins at me, knowing that I'm far from a troublemaker. I shrug and look around at the cars were driving by. The Charger next to us is so close I could touch it. And of course people are staring. I feel my face get hot when I think about all of them looking at me. Ashton lets out a yell and I start silently laughing. We duck back into the car when we see that there's a police car up ahead.

"Well that was fun while it lasted." Calum grins, fixing his hair in the process.

"Ashton, punch him for me." Symantha commands and Ashton follows.

"Hey!" Calum shouts, rubbing his arm.

"Sorry, Boss's orders." Ashton shrugs and I grin.

"Yeah but that doesnt mean you have to listen!"

"If I didnt, she probably wouldve hit me!"

"Precisely. Now, Calum Thomas Hood what were you thinking?" Sym interrupts and I look back at Calum.

"I was having fun?" His answer comes out more like a question and Sym sighs.

"God you're so lucky I love you. You could've been hurt Cal, and... Yeah." Sym trails off quietly and things get a bit tense. A few seconds later Sym perks back up like nothing happened.

"We're here and those idiots are nowhere to be seen. We won! Good job darlin." Sym grins widely as she rubs the cars dashboard. We get out of the car and Sym starts walking up a giant hill. The kind where its so big you can't see the other side till youre over it.

"Shouldn't we wait babe?" Calum asks and Sym shrugs.

"And let them get the first shot? No way!" She shouts back and I leave the boys behind to follow. The steps behind me tell me theyre coming too.

"What? No way!" Sym suddenly yells when she gets near the top of the hill, and then disappears. I start jogging towards the top, curious as to what shes so surprised about. I finally get to the top to see Sym laughing and arguing with the light haired kid and Daniel sitting on what looks like a tire swing. Suddenly Calum runs by me and flops onto the ground, starting to roll down the hill. Ashton whizzes by me and does the same, and so I follow suit. We end up in a laughing ball of mess at the bottom. Light hair offers his hand to me and I hesitate before grinning and grabbing it. He pulls me up and I look at Daniel. I notice he looks a lot better than he did this morning, a lot more rested.

"Okay, so introductions. Guys, this is my cousin Eugene." Sym snickers after she says it and he smiles, shaking his head.

"My names Drake, forget about her." Sym hits him lightly and I actually look at Drake for the first time. He's actually a brunette but he dyed the tips of his hair white so it looks like he has light hair. His eyes are a hazel color and he's only an inch or two taller than me. I notice that Sym's basically a whole head taller than him. I notice way to late that he was looking back at me and I look away.

"So are you guys actually cousins?" Calum asks and Drake shakes his head again.

"Nah, I'm actually this little ones uncle." He grins and Sym rolls her eyes.

"Yeah but you're only a couple years older. Youre basically my cousin. Also, little? Ive been taller than you since I was 11." Sym groans and Ashton snickers.

"Don't go blurring family lines like that Sym, people might get the wrong idea." Daniel says with a grin.

"Ew. Gross dude. Fine, he's my uncle."

"So, wheres little Sammy boy?" Drake finally asks after a minute and I look at him strange. Sam? Like the Alphas son?

"I didn't want to bring him. You know how he is." Sym sighs and my confusion deepens. Why are we suddenly talking about Sam?

"Aw come on, he's your kid brother." Drake gives her puppy dog eyes before laughing. Wait, what? Sam and Sym are siblings? But wait... What?

"Dont look at me like that Dove, I'll explain later. Now, I call first on the tire swing!"