Ch.16

Sym^^ WARNING: A BIT OF A TRIGGER CHAPTER, NOT TOO HEAVY. A/N at the bottom
--
Next day~

We walk into school the next day, and Trinidee is immediately high fived by some people from the old pack. Then they look at me and scowl while whispering things to their friends. I roll my eyes and walk to class. We get into class and I draw around on my desk, quietly smiling to myself at the memory of Blakes face from yesterday. He doesn't say anything or touch me at all so I'm happy. I look up when I hear Syms chirpy voice up in front. I see her and an unimpressed Trinidee up front and Sym seems excited about something. Trinidee seems to have her eyes locked onto Blake like she's trying to kill him with her eyes.

"So, as the presidents of the Dance commitee, we bring you the Snow Ball!" Sym says happily, throwing her arms up in the air, her sleeves falling to show scratched up wrists that are fading.

"Hey! What happened to your wrists?" Someone shouts and Blake and a few others laugh a little. I punch Blake in the arm for laughing at Sym. He looks at me with wide eyes while rubbing his arm. I'm a lot less weak than I look. I look back up at an indifferent, but less happy, Sym who's biting her lip and pulling down her sleeves.

"My sister decided to throw my cat at me." She says and I can see right through it. I become increasingly worried as Sym continues to nervously go through the details of the dance before walking out as fast as possible.

Sym doesn't have a cat... Or a sister. She has three brothers, sure, but not a sister.

I wait till break to hunt Sym down. I walk up to her and make an 'Explain' face. She pretends she doesn't see me and goes to kiss Calum. If she thinks their PDA is gonna make me leave she's so wrong. I watch them kiss heavily for a few minutes with crossed arms and a raised eyebrow. Finally she sighs and takes my hand, leading me away from a confused Calum.

"Yes. I cut. Why? Because I hate myself. No, I can't promise I'll stop, and I do know it's wrong. No, Cal doesn't know yet. And no, Calum did nothing. Can we drop it now please? So tired of talking about it." She sighs out and I look at her with a blank stare. She just answered all of my questions in one go, people must ask her a lot. I nod slightly and she skips back to Calum like nothing happened. I just kinda walk off, confused as to what just happened. I get a text message from the Luna asking if I'm okay when I suddenly I run into a locker door. I fall backwards and hold my face. The person closes the locker as I hold my bleeding nose. I see the emo looking kid from before towering over me, and he says nothing. He just sticks his hand out to me and helps me up. He quietly ushers me to a restroom and waits outside as I go to get some tissues for my nose. The worst part about all this is that my body is so worried about my neck that it's paying no attention to my other injuries.

Is this what humans go through? What a hassle.

Tissue after tissue I clean my nose until it finally stops bleeding. I go back outside and see the boy still waiting there for me.

'Thanks. I'm Dove.' I write and he nods before walking away. He disappears in the crowd as I sit, completely confused. I hear the bell ring and head off to class, confusion clouding my mind. Today has been one insane day.

***Time Skip Bc School Sucks***

I flop down on my bed after school and mentally groan at the memory of all the homework I have. I get started on it when Rose suddenly brings me some tea.

"Here, I thought it would help with your throat." She says with a smile and I smile back with a nod. I take a sip and smile again. That's really good. I just sit back and enjoy my tea for a little bit when someone knocks on my door. I knock on my desk to let them know it okay but they never come inside. I stand up and walk to the door. I see the kid from before on the other side and invite him in. He shuts the door behind him and I notice he's ditched his bulky clothes from before. He was wearing a big sweater with Asking Alexandria on it and dark jeans and boots. Now he's wearing a black shortsleeve shirt and some navy cargo shorts.

"Hi. I'm Daniel. I just came to ask how your nose is." He asks curtly and I see that his voice is quite deep. I've never heard him speak before so I don't know what I expected. I gave him a thumbs up and a slight smile. He actually looks kind of worried about me in his eyes, though his face expresses no emotion. "And your neck?" He asks again and I give him a so-so, because I have no idea where my board is right now. I look around and see it hiding under my chair. I go for it and end up hitting my head on my desk. I rub my head and sit back up. Daniel looks at my head worriedly. Man, why is he so worried about me?

'I'm good.' I write and he nods. God I am a total klutz. We sit in silence until I finally decide that I'm going back to my homework.

'Well, Imma do my homework now..' I write and he nods again. He nods a lot. I walk back over to my desk and begin working, seeing that my teas cold now. I blow out a huff of air and return to my math.