Ch. 17

Daniel^^
~~

I wake up, jolting up from my desk to my alarm clock. I look down to see my laptop with my half finished English essay.

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap!

I start typing more as I throw on some dark skinny jeans and a grey shirt with 'Bad Idea' in felt on it. I throw my hair into a quick bun and brush my teeth. I walk throughout the house, writing my essay on my phone as fast as possible. I run into a wall and fall over.

Jesus can I be any more clumsy?

I pick myself up and begin typing again. I somehow get outside without killing myself and wait. I finish my sign with a relieved breath and realize no one else is out here yet. Suddenly Trinidee comes screeching from down the road on a navy motorcycle. Her face is blocked by a neon pink helmet

"Aye girl hop on." She waves me over and throws me a helmet that matches the bike. I look at her with a raise eyebrow before putting on the helmet reluctantly.

"This used to be Syms bike but she got her car and refused to drive or ride anything else. Really don't understand why she loves that car so much. But yeah, Im saving up to get this baby a paint job. Its gonna match my helmet one day." Trinity explains as we take off, me connected to her. We ride past school and into the woods. My nerves start to get to me when I see that we're only a mile or two away from the line. Trinity stops suddenly and I jerk forward.

"Man. Wish she'd hold onto me like that." Someone grumbles and my blood pressure immediately increases. I look over to see Sym, Daniel, Mason, Rose, and Jaxon.

Fuck.

I walk behind Trinidee as Jaxon blantantly checks me out.

"Man Omega, lookin fine as always." He whistles and I flip him the bird. He gives me a fake pouty face as Sym stands beside him, looking confused.

"Wait, what?" Mason asks and I roll my eyes. I forgot my board so I pull out my phone.

'He's from Blake's pack. Why is he here?' I send out a group text and Sym just looks at me with her mouth agape.

"Well, he's been our friend since we were kids..." Rose starts and I slam my head into a tree.

"Aw Omega do you really hate me that much?" Jaxon asks almost sincerely with a load of sarcasm loaded on top. I just calmly walk past all of them into Rose's car. I jump in and sit there. Mason walks over.

"'Cmon Dove, we all just wanted to get away today, don't be like this." I give him a deathglare before crawling into the backseat, away from him. Mason sighs and returns back to the laughing group. How dare Jaxon treat me like this? I have a name darn it and I am a fricking person. I hope he dies. I hope they all die.

So why does my stomach get butterflies when he's around still?

I shake my head and start playing music on my phone. After a little while the door opens and Daniel crawls in.

"Hi." He says and I slightly nod my head. Some random song from pandora comes on after a few minutes and I see Daniel smile.

"Yeah I get it, you're an outcast, always under attack, always comin in last, bringing up the back.. No one owes you anything, I think you need a shotgun blast.." He murmurs with his eyes closed and smiles as he seems to be waiting for a moment.

"Watch your back!" He says louder and then starts moving to the beat of the song, his hands drumming along. I smile at his love for this song and look at the name. Sound of Madness by Shinedown. Huh.

"I created the sound of madness, write the book on pain, somehow Im still here to explain, that the darkest hour never comes in the night. You can sleep with a gun, when you gonna wake up and fight!" I start to feel a emotional connection with this song as Daniel continues to sing along. He seems happy when he listens to music. He smiles and it's really nice. I start doing the same head bobbing with him along to the song. After a while, it just comes natural. My body seems to be filled with the music. I get out of the car and Sym squeals before dancing around and singing along. I start dancing with her as Daniel gets out of the car. Me and Sym twirl around to the song when it ends. I frown.

"So, back to before, Sym, where's Calum?" Rose asks and Sym frowns a bit.

"He has band rehearsals. He'll be here soon though." She smiles at the end. I just realized. I did all that essay stuff this morning and Im not even going to school.

What the heck homer.

More songs from pandora come on and one comes on that Trinidee seems to love particularly. She takes the phone from my hands and I look around for Daniel. I run over to him and hug him, his body going stiff. I give him a face that says thank you and he just nods. He finally relaxes when I let go and someone walks up behind me.

"Where's my hug Omega?" Jaxon asks and I turn and swing. My hand makes contact with his jaw. He instantly ruins my mood. I wish he wasn't here. He rubs his jaw as I walk off into the forest. I wanna get as far away from him as possible. I stumble around until I find a nice tree. I like this tree. I lean against it and close my eyes.