Ch. 29

~Daniel's POV~ (Whaaaaat?)

I watch Dove fall asleep underneath my arm, studying her face in pure contentedness. I hope she doesn't have nightmares, God knows what nightmares already plague her everyday with her eyes open. May she just have blissful sleep. Her makeup is smudged, and her hair is kind of messed up, and her clothes are dirty from the pavement, but she still looks beautiful. I hear Calum's band playing softly inside and thank Sym mentally for choosing the house that's nearly completely sound proof.

I would take her inside so she can sleep peacefully but it's still too loud in there. I wouldn't be surprised if the party kept up for at least a few more hours before it started winding down. I would take her back to the house, but there's no way out if the backyard unless you go through the house, plus I've been drinking. I'm not going to even chance the possibility of us crashing and her getting hurt.

I carefully lift her head so I can remove my arm before laying her back down. I take off my sweatshirt and somehow get it on her without her waking up. I lay her down in a chair so she's not on the ground before going back into the house.

I search for Sym in the crowd and of course she's dancing right next to where the boys are playing. I tap her shoulder and signal her to follow me into the kitchen.

"Hey what's up?" She looks drunk and I smile a bit at her trying to look sober.

"Dove's knocked out outside and I'd like to take her upstairs so she can sleep in my spare room." I explain and she nods.

"Yeah, I'll get the guys to take a break for a moment so you can carry her up." She heads back into the living room and I rush back to Dove before any drunkards can get any funny ideas. I see her standing up, half asleep and chuckle. I'm a lot taller than her, so my sweatshirt looks like a dress on her. She looks adorable with the sweatshirt down to the middle of her thighs and a confused look.

"Daniel?" Her soft voice pops into my head groggily and I pick her up bridal style.

"Shh Dove just go back to sleep. I'm taking you inside." I say softly and she nods. We walk inside and I try my best to get by without bumping into people or having to fight to get through. We get into the living room and I see Calums band looking at us. Dove smiles slightly and waves a little bit at Calum. He beams and waves back.

"Goodnight Dove, sleep well!" He calls, covering the mic so it doesn't startle her. I begin to carry her like a child up the stairs because they're not wide enough for me to carry her normally. I go to the first door I find thats not locked and walk in on people getting it on. I shut the door quickly but quietly before moving on. I hear the band start back up downstairs as I finally find an empty room. I lift up the covers and carefully put her underneath before tucking her in.

I fall into a armchair next to the bed and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. She may be little but she's heavy. I'd never tell her that though. It's not like she's fat she's just a human being and I haven't been training in a while so I'm probably out of shape. A child would probably leave me like this... I really need to work out.

"Daniel..?" Dove asks quietly and I look at her just to see her turned away.

"Yeah?" I respond, my voice disrupting the surprising quiet considering the party downstairs.

"Thank you for taking care of me." Her words catch me off gaurd.

"Oh no problem, really. You were sleepy and drunk and I wasn't going to leave you alone and.." Shut up Daniel. Just shut up.

"I wasn't just talking about tonight." She leaves off with that before I assume she fell asleep. Not about tonight? Then when? Wait.. No there's no way she remembers. She was too little, but then again I'm only a year older...