Ch. 26

His mate^^ ((Sorry if almost everyone in this book is punk rock or emo, it's what I am and what I like so it's what comes easy lol))

~A few days later~

Why is school even neccessary? I mean, it was fun and all at first but after 16 years you kind of lose your mind just thinking about it. My phone dings during class and I leave it be.

"Who's phone was that? Blake give it up." The teachers look is evil and makes my stomach drop.

"That's not my notification tone. Sorry teach." Blake smirks from beside me and her glare goes to me. "Hey it couldn't have been hers. She doesn't even have a phone. Ain't that right Dove?" I nod quickly, thankful for maybe half a second then remember how much he owes me.

"Okay then, but if I hear it again I'm taking the whole classes phones away." She snaps and turns back to the board. I make a face at her before quickly silencing my phone in my lap. I open it up. It's a text from Trinidee in a group chat.

'Rose and Mase's birthday is soon. Surprise party plans? Invite everyone you can!'

'You got it! I can see if Cal and the boys wanna play!' Sym replies almost immediately.

'I'm not really one for parties or large groups of people, but I've got a friend who works at a liquor store if you want.' Daniel messages and I smile at how excited they are, but I guess their not the dance committee presidents for nothing. I put my phone away and struggle to try and catch up with the notes on the board. Blake leans over and I resist the urge to cower away. I'm better than him, I shouldn't be scared.

"So.. You're throwing a party?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"I think your phone would argue." Sparks light up on my thigh and his voice is right in my ear. I shake my head again, trying to will Ms. Crane to turn around. I try to ignore Blake and just focus on the notes but he won't let up.

"I'll find out Dove." Finally my mind power works and the teacher turns around. Unfortunately, Blake is also back in his seat. Ugh, it's like he can't get in trouble.

-Time Skip Cause Who Wants Class?--

I put all my things in my locker when Blake slides up next to me.

"Hey." He starts and I roll my eyes.

"There's not a party!" I write angrily and he feigns hurt.

"Can't I come just say hi to my girl?" He smirks at me and puts his hand on my waist. I push him away and he stumbles back.

"I'm not your girl, can't you get that through your thick head?! Don't ever touch me again." I'm so upset with this writing thing. I wish I could just scream at him.

"Psh, cmon. It's not like anyone's going to try and take you from me. You're mine. So why not just let me get you already? But actually, I don't mind the challenge. The best part is the chase." He's gotten way to close for comfort and my brain has stopped working. What does he mean that no ones going to try?

I slam my locker door shut, tears in my eyes. Why does he have to make my days at school such hell? If he's really my mate then he should love me and make my days perfect, not hell. I walk away quickly, clutching onto my board for support. I walk into the lunch table and sit down. No one's here yet. Great.

I take a few breaths to try and calm down before looking around. Jaxons walking over, dazed. I wait for him to sit down, but it's kind of hard for me to talk to him if he isn't looking at me. He's looking at a girl a few tables down. She has her head down, and by the way her shoulders are shaking, I think she's crying. I hit Jaxon so he'll look at me.

"Oh Dove! When'd you get here?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Who's that?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Dunno, but she's my mate. Darla tripped her in the hallway and she fell into me. God Dove, you should see her eyes. They were beautiful. You could read everything about her in them, kind of like yours, except hers were a deep ocean blue. The only problem is that I think she hates me." He frowns and looks back at her. I tap his shoulder and give him a 'talk to her.' look. He seems to understand and gets up. He walks over and she looks up. She immdiately cowers away and I can tell from Jaxons face that this simple movement hurts him down to his core.

So much for getting with Jaxon.

Yo he found his mate, be happy for him.

Dont act like youre not hurt by all of this.

Sure this hurts, but it's fate. It has nothing to do with me. It's okay.

Psh. Whatever you say.

He starts talking to her and I see that she hesitantly nods her head before scurrying away from the table. Jaxon comes back over, grinning from ear to ear.

"So how'd it go?" I ask and he grins even more, if thats even possible.

"She's coming to the party on Friday." His voice is light, as if he's walking on air. All of a sudden Blake shows up out of no where next to me. He puts his arm around my shoulder and my blood boils.

"So there's a party this Friday? Where at?" Blake's voice seems to have no effect on Jaxon, who seems to still be in dreamland.

"6788 Gerard Way ((Im sorry I couldn't help it))." Jaxon seems to realize what he just did immediately after he said it. Blake chuckles.

"Thanks man, see ya there babe." He places a kiss on my cheek before disappearing. I start whiping my cheek furiously.

"Jax you're an idiot." I flick his forehead before walking away in search for Sym. I'm moving through the crowded hallway when suddenly I unconsciously decided to hug the floor. I do my best not to get stepped on as I get back up. I look around to see Darla behind me.

"Stay on the ground where you belong, with the dirt." She steps around me so I push her. I'm sick of Darla. She falls face first and her posse scrambles to help her back up. She tries to slap me as she comes back up and I easily dodge. I just laugh mentally at her before walking away. She's pathetic.