Ch.23

What. No. Why him?!

"Mason, no! It cant be him. Are you sure?" I mindlink urgently.

"Well, he touched my arm and sparks went up. But Dove, I'm just as angry at him as you are. I didnt talk to him for a whole day." Mason explains.

"Yes, a day of silence is worth him trying to kill me. And treating me as his punching bag. Thanks Mase." I snap and he looks at me, wounded. I cant take looking at him, so I turn on my other side and shut my eyes. I try not to cry but soon enough the tears are rolling.

Dove pull yourself together.

Oh shut up Lisa.

No. Not till you stop being a lil crybaby about something thats in the past and that you can't change. Its time to forget, but that doesnt mean to forgive them. It just means to build a bridge and get the heck over it. And you cant get mad at Mason either, it wasn't his idea to have one of your 'demons' in life be his mate. So you just show those guys that you're better than them and show them what theyre missing out. Also, Leo may be rude, but he's good to Mason. Mason's happy. Respect that. You're great Dove, don't let them drag you down. Oh Goddess that was so cheesy.

Thanks Lisa.

I smile to myself and turn over. Masons turned away from me and I hug him. We somewhat spoon and I close my eyes. Ill deal with everything else later.

~

I wake up an hour later and Masons already gone. I shake my head, having the feeling he's with Leo.

I stand up, and check my phone. Mason left me a text.

'Hangin out w/ Leo 😘'

I smile slightly and shake my head. I hop in a shower and do all that good stuff. I hop out and wrap a towel around me. I pick one of the few dresses I have out of my closet and pair it with a jean vest and matching converse. I also decide to skip the contacts today and just wear my glasses. They're big black framed ones that kinda make me look nerdy but they look cute in this outfit.

I blow dry my hair and curl it. I apply a simple lipgloss before grabbing my bag and my phone and heading out. I see Leo in the living room with Mase. So much for that talk last night, because Lisa almost takes over to try and kill him.

Almost doesn't seem as bad until you look at him, huh?

Very much so.

Chill girl I got this.

Leo stands and I immediately cower. He takes two long strides over before hugging me. I push him off of me angrily before punching him in the jaw. I see my board on the coffee table and I grab it. I storm out, leaving a disappointed Mason behind.

'I thought you were okay.' Mason contacts me and I laugh.

'Uh, no. You don't destroy someone this badly mentally and physically and just try to fix it because your someones mate.' I put up my mental wall and hop into Syms car, where she's conveniently on the phone with Calum. I tap her a little bit and she starts driving.

'Sym, I want you to teach me to fight.' I state once she gets off the phone.

"You want me to what?" She asks out loud.

'Teach me to fight.'

"Okay. I need a distraction anyway. Calum just got off the plane in California." She says, looking forlornly out the window. I put my hand on hers in a comforting manner.

"Thanks, Dove." She smiles feebly at me. I just nod slightly and remove my hand. We drive quietly to school, besides All Time Low playing on the radio.