Ch. 43

"Dove! Hurry up, we're burning daylight!" Mason yells from the car and I playfully flip him off. I make sure everything is packed securely in the trunk before closing it. This is it. Summer vacation is finally here. After painful exams, and training with Sym wearing me down to the bone, we finally get to relax. Rose was a genius for mentioning going to the pack beach house for vacation this summer.

"It's sad Trinidee and Jaxon can't come with." Sym says while I climb in the car.

"Yeah. Trinidee has summer school and Jaxon went to go visit his brother overseas." Mason explains and she pouts.

"Well, we're gonna be there for two weeks. Hopefully Trin can make it for at least a night or two." I can barely hear Sym over the purr of the engine as it starts up, the seats vibrating underneath me.

"That'd be nice." Rose says from the front, putting her sunglasses on top of her head.

"Daniel and Andrew are meeting us there, yeah?" I ask and Sym nods.

"Calum and the boys too. They're coming over straight from the airport so they'll meet us day after tomorrow." We start flying down the road and I can't help but bounce in my seat from excitement. Two weeks with some of my closest friends at the beach. No school, no Blake, no stress. This is going to be by far the best summer vacation I've ever had. The five hour car ride is filled with so much singing and laughing that by the time we arrive, we can hardly keep our eyes open. We quietly unload the car and plop it all onto the living room floor with dragging feet. Sym flops onto the couch, falling asleep on impact. If I wasnt drained of all pf my energy, I wouldve laughed at how silly she fell.

I trudge myself up the stairs with my bag, not having enough energy to look around. Nap first, then explore. I stumble into a room with my name on the door and throw myself onto the bed, my bag skittering and sliding into the closet door across the room. 

*The Beach Boys playing intermission music in the background*

I wake up several hours later, or, I'm assume it's that much later because the sun is setting through the huge window leading to a balcony across the room. I hear music and laughter down my face and peel my face from my bed sheet, rubbing the 'good nap' lines it leaves on my face. I walk down stairs, feeling rather refreshed after my nap but I also have a strong feeling I won't be sleeping much tonight. 

Everyone is gathered around the couch, except for Daniel. Making a mental note to find him later, I approach the group and pretty quickly figure out what the excited chatter and giggling is about. They're stacking mini red solo cups on Daniels forehead, seeing how high they can stack them. I fight back some giggling of my own as he goes to itch his face and knocks over the four cup high pyramid.

"What the hell...?" Daniel grumbles and everyone laughs.

"Rise and shine, Danny-boy!" Sym teases, lightly shaking his leg. He throws one of the cups at her, a groggy smile crossing his face.

"C'mon, we're gonna go make a bonfire down by the beach and we know you love to be Fire Master." Rose messes up Daniels hair as he sits up.

"Why are all of my friends such assholes?" He asks playfully, shaking his hair back into place and Andrew sits next to him, slinging his arm around Daniels' shoulder.

"Hey man, takes one to know one." Andrew laughs and I'm sure if anyone around looked at me right now, they would think I'm a complete weirdo because of how wide my smile is. This truly is my family, and no one can tell me otherwise. Sure, we may not be blood, but I don't think that matters. I would trust any of them with my life before I even think of my blood family. I wish I could freeze this moment.