Ch. 25

"Okay, well that was fun. Now to test your skill." Sym laughs, not at all out of breath from the three mile run we just did. Usually it wouldn't be that bad, but I'm wheezing. I knew I was out of shape but not that out of shape.

"So sparring." She states as we walk in. "The run took quite a while so we might have company." No kidding. We walk inside and the place has a ton of people training inside. Sym walks me over to a mat while I fight my self conciousness about my clothing. I'm wearing a yellow loose tank and black volleyball shorts. I stick out like a sore thumb. I don't know how Sym can seem so confident. She's wearing a black sports bra and red spandex shorts.

"Begin!" She says suddenly and goes to swing at me. I duck out of reflexes but miss the uppercut coming out of no where. I fall to the ground and check my tongue for bleeding since I bit it really hard when I fell.

"Don't get distracted, and remember, I'm doing this because you asked me to and out of love." Sym smiles at me and gives me a hand so I can get up. I latch on and get up. She's quick I'll give her that.

"Fresh meat Sym?" A guy and Rose walk over and she nods with a cheerful mhm.

"Yep! She asked me to train her so now were sparring to see where her skill level is." She explains with a smile and they look me over.

"She doesn't seem in bad shape. Has good potential." Rose smiles at me. I feel flattered and embarrassed under their stare. My face goes beet red.

"Dove, this is Charlie, or Charles. He's one of our leaders for training." I shake his hand, he has a firm grip. He's got peppered hair and smile lines around his eyes and mouth, but also stress lines on his forehead with a scar along the side of his face. From the left side of his eye to the bottom of his jaw.

"Mind if I get my own evaluation without her getting beaten to the ground? You still have much to learn Symantha. You'll never assess her correctly if she's on the ground." Charlie scolds lightly and she gives him one curt nod. I get back into position. He goes to hit me and out of pure defensive instincts I manage to block it, getting hit with flashback after flashback from beatings. Soon it all fades and all I can think of is getting back at Leo. I get angrier and angrier until my foot actually comes in contact with something, hard.

I pop back into reality just in time to see my leg swing up and hit Charlie's jaw, sending him kneeling. I immediately feel horrible.

'Oh my god I'm so sorry I blanked out.' I apologize quickly and heartily. Charlie just chuckles.

"You weren't conscious during all of that?" He asks in disbelief and I shake my head. He starts laughing, a full belly, shoulder shaking laugh.

"You we're fighting like one of my warriors there for a good minute, and you landed a few hits on me. What was going on in that angry little mind of yours?" He's calmed down now and curiosity sprinkles all over his face.

'My brother, Leo.' I explain and he makes a hm noise.

"Well, you definitely have potential Dove, keep working hard." He puts his hand on my head in encouragement for a second with a warm smile.

~Time Skip Fam~

"Well that was a good workout." Sym yawns and stretches. "Haven't had one of those in a while."

I flop down on the couch, exhausted. I look up to see Mason.

"Ah, training. You picked one of the toughest trainers for expectations, but it'll make you stronger." He gives me a smile and I roll onto the floor. I'm done with everything.

"Dove you gotta go get ready." Sym laughs and I lift my head up. That's right. It's only Thursday.

Fantabulous.

I stand up, already crazy sore. Sym put me on the ground more times than I can count, but I almost got a hit on her last match, so that's what matters. I'm getting better.

I walk to my room and into my bathroom. I shower really quickly and choose my outfit while I'm drying off. Gray jeans and a red camisole with a gray checkered flannel and red converse. I decide to throw a red tie-around-bow on as a headband, not bothering to blow dry my hair. I braid it quickly as I grab my backpack and walk out.

Ready in half an hour with a shower, that was pretty fast.

We hop in the cars and head to school. I can already feel that todays going to suck, and I'm not usually wrong when it comes to my gut. Oh so suddenly a familiar pain begins in my chest and my breathing gets heavy. Mason just rubs my back in understanding from beside me. I feel like a thousand warriors are stabbing into it with daggers.

Today is already dumb and I want to go home.

We arrive at the school and the pain eases. That jerk, I should kill him for this. I step out of the car and into the courtyard. People have stopped staring so much lately, just a few glances here and there. Good, I hated the staring. It's rude.

I walk to my class and sit down early. I haven't just sat alone and thought in a while.