Ch. 27-The fool and the bastard

The night had passed but the outside was still dark. 

Kim Dokja quietly sat there on the soft mattress without making a single sound for a while before he spoke softly.

"Yoo Jonghyuk." 

In the tent only Kim Dokja spoke. 

"You're awake, aren't you?" 

Of course Yoo Jonghyuk couldn't sleep when Kim Dokja was awake. Yoo Jonghyuk had immediately woken up because of the change in Kim Dokja's breathing. Still, Yoo Jonghyuk didn't respond and only laid there without moving.

Kim Dokja wasn't bothered by the lack of response and continued to speak in a low voice. 

"Have you had any nightmares lately?" 

"..." 

The question Kim Dokja spoke wasn't actually meant only for Yoo Jonghyuk but also himself. Though Kim Dokja wouldn't admit any of his nightmares. 

Yoo Jonghyuk thought over Kim Dokja's question. His answer was left in his head though.

'Not with you beside me.' 

Kim Dokja's eyebrows slight twitched but Yoo Jonghyuk didn't see anything because he still had his eyes closed. 

"In your memories, what was I like?" 

An anxious question. 

Kim Dokja had many worries but he never talked about it. He almost never even joked about his life out loud. He kept it all to himself, everything about his past was kept quietly in his heart. But this bastard beside him new things about him that he himself didn't know about, like how Kim Dokja knew many things about Yoo Jonghyuk that Yoo Jonghyuk didn't know about himself. 

This time Yoo Jonghyuk made some movement and opened his eyes. He also sat up so he could face Kim Dokja. 

Kim Dokja might of liked if Yoo Jonghyuk could lie down some more because Yoo Jonghyuk was always towering over him and it made him nervous now that he tried to have heart-to-heart talk.

Silent passed between the two men as they sat beside each other. Both their eyes unwavering and clear as they both tried to peak at the other's soul. Trying to read the thoughts passing in the others head. 

Kim Dokja's thoughts were clear but even so it wandered over to the beauty of Yoo Jonghyuk's eyes. In the same way Yoo Jonghyuk was also studied Kim Dokja. 

Yoo Jonghyuk took mental notes of the difference between the Kim Dokja who was asleep and the awake one. Yoo Jonghyuk found that he liked the awake one more. He liked the way Kim Dokja's eyes looked at him and him only. The shape of the eyebrows as they moved and how his expression changes. The black bed hair on his head was also enjoyable to look at. 

Yoo Jonghyuk might have been even more captivated by Kim Dokja's appearance then Kim Dokja of Yoo Jonghyuk's appearance. 

"A fool." 

The insults were insults but there was no malice of sorts when said.

"A bastard." 

"..." 

Kim Dokja felt that this wouldn't stop for a while. 

"An Idiot." 

"..." 

"Selfish." 

"..." 

"Self-sacrificing." 

"..."