Ch. 58-King of Wanderers

Darkness. 

Everything was darkness.

It was as if everything was drenched in the void. It made the space seem cramped and at the same time endless. 

Emptiness, such a word was a fitting description. It left an empty feeling watching this void of nothingness.

This space was indeed very empty. The only one it housed was a mind equally as empty.

Then, the empty mind was no longer empty.

The dazed mind flickered between consciousness and a single line was spoken. 

"Is this the end?" 

However, before anything was understood, the sight of the darkness had already left his thoughts. In the end, everything was a dream doomed to be forgotten.

---

Yoo Jonghyuk woke up drenched in a cold sweat. Horrible suffocation had suddenly come over him and he was forcibly awoken. However, he didn't believe it was because of some dream.

His vigilance turned towards the extreme and he sat up and quickly scanned the room. Indeed, he wasn't wrong. He wasn't alone in the room. 

In a corner, there was a shadow. It had been watching him. Only, from this angle. it wasn't possible to tell who exactly it belonged to. 

Instinctively, he reached for Kim Dokja's sword. Yet, there wasn't anything there. Only the cold bedding. 

Yoo Jonghyuk harshly spat out a threat at the shadow. 

"What did you do?!"

Due to just having woken up, Yoo Jonghyuk voice's was extra raspy. However, the two people couldn't care less about that. 

The person in the shadow didn't answer him, as expected. Instead, they took off the hood revealing an oddly familiar mask. Barely even a glance at the mask and Yoo Jonghyuk recognized it instantly. There wasn't a way for him to forget that oddly familiar mask. 

Despite knowing the character of the person, Yoo Jonghyuk couldn't say the other person's name. For all that he had been through with the other party and yet not being able to call them out, it was a shame. This round was their first meeting. 

Knowing the other's personality, Yoo Jonghyuk could already guess the other person's intention. 

Having already risen from his sleeping place, Yoo Jonghyuk slightly looked down at the other figure.

"King of Wanderers. No, should I call you Lee Sookyung? What brought you here?" 

"Supreme King Yoo Jonghyuk, I guess he had already told you? Otherwise, there wouldn't be a way for you to know my name, now would there?" 

"Now, give me back the sword." 

Since the person was Kim Dokja's mother, it was fully possible to negotiate instead of just blandly attacking. Of course, he didn't expect her to give up the sword easily. 

"Still so rude, are you like this with my son as well?" 

"Don't bring Kim Dokja into this. In the end, you were the one who stole the sword." 

"As his mother, keeping my son's possessions while he is away is only natural. That said, did he give you his sword, or did you take it from his dead body? If you want the sword back, just answer my question."  

At the question, Yoo Jonghyuk almost revealed weakness. Still, he succeeded in keeping himself calm and spoke back.

"Instead of his mother, isn't it normal for it to go to his lover?"