Ch. 64-Paradise

"...Shit, Kim Dokja is crazy, no, it's probably already beyond that."

Han Sooyoung muttered to herself and shook her head.

"Actually, it's probably the world that is crazy. Crazy because of that Kim Dokja."

"Dokja-ssi, how strong are you right now?" 

Lee Hyunsung approached Kim Dokja after regaining his spirit. Then, he looked down at his bitten shoulder. It wasn't a mortal wound of any kind, not even grotesque, however, the implication was still there. Kim Dokja answered Lee Hyunsung's worry.

"There are some dangerous guys left but it's uncommon. This guy's ranking was definitely high." 

As if waiting for the right dialogue, the translucent blue notification window popped up in the air. 

[50,000 coins have been acquired as the main scenario reward!]

[The main scenario content has been updated!]

[You have won a place in Dark Castle.]

[You have hunted the 10th place demon on the Dark Castle Rankings, Tentacio.]

[Ranking will be in proportion to the hunting contribution.]

Followed right after came the ranking of each participant.

For most people, the ranking was one of the most important parts of this main scenario. Even Yoo Jonghyuk considered the ranking, like how he let Kim Dokja fight and didn't intervene. Therefore, his ranking only slightly rose after the demon was defeated. Just enough to be incredibly close yet too far from Kim Dokja's ranking. 

Earlier, he screwed over the ranking system for who was strongest, yet now, in the blink of an eye, he was already behind Kim Dokja. This is exactly why he might or might not regret his decision. Not to mention Kim Dokja's screw-up.

'He said that it was unexpected that the demon left a curse because of a name.'

'However, it seems he is not at all bothered by it?'

'No, he was always good at hiding his feelings.'

'Knowing Kim Dokja, he will definitely try to plan his way out of being killed.'

Yoo Jonghyuk stood there quietly, his eyebrows twitching slightly.

'Kim Dokja...'

'Is such a fool sometimes... and it's just that fool that I'd give my weapon to. Even if it means being backstabbed in the end.'

Unknowing about Yoo Jonghyuk's thoughts, Kim Dokja was grinning at the rest of his teammates and was discussing each other's rankings. Some were embarrassed, actually, most of them were, yet they still had a great time. Judging only from their expression, one could tell that the mood had considerably risen than from before. And this was solely due to Kim Dokja. 

Even when everyone was overwhelmed due to the hidden powers of the demons from the Dark Castle, Kim Dokja could still make a smile and make them lighten up.

Yoo Jonghyuk, as someone who always has his eyes on Kim Dokja, noticed this a long ago. Of course, it wasn't just their companions who made it through many tough times thanks to Kim Dokja, Kim Dokja was also someone who found drive thanks to his companions. Everyone supported each other. 

Just like how Kim Dokja wants to save everyone, Yoo Jonghyuk has been fighting for the same thing for as long as he can remember. It was for just that reason, and that reason alone, that Yoo Jonghyuk decided against his stay with them. 

'...If I follow you now, I will only bring dangers.'

'I trust in your ability to protect them because I know you will give away even your life.'