Ch. 1- 3rd or 4th regression turn?

Darkness.

All he could see was darkness.

It didn't matter if his eyes were open or not, it's not like the view changed.

The feeling of his limbs was gone. He couldn't breathe nor did he need to. It was like nothing existed here.

His entire existence felt like it was fading. Fading away into nothingness like everything around him.

Where was he even? And how did this happen?

Was this the abyss? Was he drenched in the void? This pure blackness wasn't reassuring, now was it?

How could he get out of here?

'Is there anyone here?' He tried to speak, but his voice had no means to come out of his non-existent throat.

☆☆☆☆

...

He found himself thinking.

Perhaps this was his final destination.

The end he'd always wanted.

No more scenarios, no more challenges, just nothing.

He welcomed the idea.

It might even be pleasant if he could simply cease to exist.

But could he truly call this nothing?

It was pure emptiness.

A blackness to which there was no escape, no comfort, no relief.

It did not feel like he had stopped existing but like he had been cursed to fade away forever.

...

How long time had passed? An hour? A day? A week? Or did time simply not exist here?

...

How he longed for something to happen. 

...

Then, a voice was heard from the distance. It seemed like it was speaking to him.

He had heard that voice many times before. It was easily recognized.

[You aren't ready.]

[It is still too early for you to reach beyond that wall.]

Why was he even here? And what was he talking about? What nonsense did he want to put into his head this time?

[Your existence hasn't reached the requirements, you are still just a puppet, a puppet of the most ancient dream.]

Why was he always called that? Was it because all incarnations are puppets of the constellations? And this 'ancient dream' hadn't even shown itself, so why? Why was he a puppet of something they weren't even sure existed?

'It's the nonsense about a puppet again. What does it even mean?'

He couldn't open his mouth. So he resorted to the next best thing. Hoping that the other him could understand his thoughts. 

[You haven't even figured that out yet? Oh puppet of 'the most ancient dream'.]

'...'

'Where am I?'

[Definitely, not a place you can escape on your own.]

'Then what?'

[I'll give you an offer. I'll return you to the beginning.]