Ch. 49-Eternal Nightmare

"Absolute nonsense." 

Yoo Jonghyuk's clear denial caused Nirvana to lose his last straw with Yoo Jonghyuk. Nirvana gritted his teeth and spoke as if he had expected the situation.

"Indeed, you are narrow-minded. If it's like this, then just go to hell!" 

Nirvana's body disappeared before Kim Dokja's very eyes. The speed that Nirvana accomplished was equivalent to way of the wind. As seen by his slender muscles, Nirvana has made some sacrifices to deal especially with Yoo Jonghyuk. Investing in acceleration and mental skills rather than physical ones.

Yoo Jonghyuk moved and blocked an attack right in front of Kim Dokja. If it wasn't for Yoo Jonghyuk's high stats and clear priority, such a protective gesture wouldn't have been possible.

Through his gritted teeth, Nirvana said.

"What a peculiar friendship. You are thinking of your companion first?" 

 Yoo Jonghyuk directly attacked Nirvana although it proved ineffective. Another clash between them happened causing devastating sounds.

"Friendship? From what sentence did you pick that word up from?"

"Does it matter? It's already too late."

Instead of speaking with Yoo Jonghyuk, Nirvana said to Kim Dokja.

"Your companion will die." 

Then Nirvana, as if he had enough playing around, quickly chanted a spell. Noticing the effects, Yoo Jonghyuk turned towards Kim Dokja. 

"Kim Dokja... It's up to... now." 

Not even moments later, Kim Dokja saw notification from his skill showing up before his eyes. The white text on the translucent blue background read,

[The character 'Nirvana Moebius' has used the stigma Eternal Nightmare Lv. 8.]

Sparks flew from Yoo Jonghyuk's body hardened body. It was a skill Nirvana had learned only to deal with Yoo Jonghyuk, it was a fatal weakness of his. In every other case, this would have been the death of Yoo Jonghyuk.

Expect, that was when Yoo Jonghyuk was alone. And Yoo Jonghyuk wasn't alone for he had his sole companion. His life and death companion.

With the black cloud-like smoke covering his vision, Yoo Jonghyuk could no longer see Kim Dokja's figure. Yet, before him, he knew that Kim Dokja was still beyond there. And since Kim Dokja hadn't disappeared from his side, how could Nirvana expect to defeat him?

The stigma Eternal Nightmare that was used... wasn't the name about the same as how he would describe his journey? The eternal nightmare of regression, it was something Yoo Jonghyuk had lived through. Everyday from his first regression to his 1863rd regression turn, wasn't that an eternal nightmare? 

Expect, for an stigma, wasn't this skill to weak? His experience from the first to the third regression was all dug up and exposed, like a ghost clinging on to his legs trying drag him down. Yet, what was truly a nightmare for him, was something even the stigma couldn't dig out. 

Having expected the worse, Yoo Jonghyuk was disappointed with the nightmare. For once, he wasn't dragged down by his mental situation, his regression depression. 

He watched himself and his former companions die over and over again, the same painful deaths was no longer painful. He felt himself being stabbed through the heart over and over, the demon king standing above continued to pierce though him. Still, his only thoughts were of Kim Dokja. 

It was as if the nightmare had been purposely created based on what Nirvana knew about him, not what knowledge he held. As if the previous turn had all been forgotten, as if it was only his imagination.