Ch. 51-Ultimate sacrifice

"Jonghyuk, you don't have to do it for me. If I want it dealt with, I will do it myself."

Yoo Jonghyuk's mind, well, it was blank. Hearing Kim Dokja say this to him, he didn't know how to respond at all. He wanted to analyze what Kim Dokja said, understand what it meant and implement it into is own behavior. Yet, for some reason he couldn't. 

Maybe it was some sort of self realization, because he couldn't put it into words what had come over him.

There was a connection to be made. Between his behavior in the past and what Kim Dokja had said. After some moments, Yoo Jonghyuk recovered himself.

'Maybe, I'm just reminded of my old self.'

His old self before this round, a round before he met Kim Dokja. One where he took all the burdens of the world alone and never shared it. Even after having his former companions pester him about it. 

Of course, Kim Dokja is more than capable enough. Kim Dokja, one who he'd trust his life with. If it where someone who he'd choose to allow to kill himself, it would be Kim Dokja. 

"Kim Dokja, no. I don't want you to have to deal with it yourself."

In the end, Yoo Jonghyuk choose to be selfish. Not letting Kim Dokja deal with things alone.

"At least, as your companion, let me help you. If not as your companion, then as your lov-"

Then, a voice of a dokkaebi was heard through out Seoul, interrupting Yoo Jonghyuk's and Kim Dokja's conversation. 

It was a voice Yoo Jonghyuk had heard before but wished it would never have to appear again.

[I wish to inform all incarnations of Seoul Dome.]

The message he remember in his nightmares started to recite themselves in front of him again.

 [Aren't you surprised by the monsters suddenly appearing? Sigh... as you might've expected, the next scenario has started. We also wanted to give you a break... it is regrettable. This scenario wasn't created by the dokkaebi but is an automatic scenario.]

Of course it was automatic, even the dokkaebi's scenarios are fairer than this scenario. 

[A new main scenario has arrived.]

[Main scenario # 8 – The Strongest Sacrifice has begun.]

Before seeing the popup notification, Yoo Jonghyuk grabbed Kim Dokja's wrists and burrowed his face in it. 

"Yoo Jonghyuk?" 

Kim Dokja had already covered his vision before, why can't he do it again? 

"Let me stay. Let me stay with you."

"Yoo Jonghyuk? What is this about?" 

Kim Dokja was confused by Yoo Jonghyuk's sudden initiative. It wasn't a reaction of rejection, he just confused. He had just been thinking about the 8th scenario but before he could read it Yoo Jonghyuk had intervened. 

"Don't you know, Yoo Jonghyuk? You can tell me anything. Of course, relevant information would be more appreciated."

The voice didn't stop even after sending out the scenario details.

[Ah, for your information. It starts from the 6th grade. In four hours, the 5th grade species will emerge and then four hours after that, it will be 4th grade. Then four hours later... huhu, well. Don't you know?]

Then, in the distance, one of the incarnations shouted.

"What? What is an automatic scenario?"

"Eh? There isn't a time limit?"