Ch. 16-The broken throne

Yoo Jonghyuk opened his eyes to the sight of three other kings and the Absolute Throne. The other kings was a bit confused at the sudden change of scenery but it only lasted a second or two. The Absolute Throne looked as mighty as always. The Absolute Throne naturally drew his attention like any powerful items would. 

But this time it was a bit different. Yoo Jonghyuk no longer eyed the throne because he was greedy for the power behind it, instead he saw it like it was a cursed item made by a constellation for their infinite entertainment. 

After learning the truth about the item he was very thankful that Kim Dokja had stopped him from getting it. The only way to advance this stage was to the destroy that cursed throne. Any other way would only lead to a dead end. 

King of Beauty, Min Jiwon.

The Maitreya King Cha Sangkyung.

Only those two aimed for the throne with intention of sitting on it. The Neutral King had already abstained from participating. 

The only one who charged forward was the Maitreya King Cha Sangkyung. He was clearly a fool. Not because he didn't know the truth about the Absolute Throne but because he choose the wrong opponent. 

Tsk. 

Yoo Jonghyuk clicked his tongue in annoyance. A blue screen appeared in front of him. 

[4 000 coins have been invested in physique.]

[4 000 coins have been invested in agility.]

[4 000 coins have been invested in strength.]

Skills and stigmas had been sealed. The level of all stats had been changed to level 10. The only thing left would of been his muscle memory except for the secret he had found out. 

Coins could still be used and therefor as someone who currently has the most coins in this area he was naturally the top predator. 

But would the other kings now of such things? No, they did not know about it. How could he be so sure? He was a regressor for a reason.

Yoo Jonghyuk's leg moved and struck Cha Sandkyung's abdomen. 

"Kuk!" 

Cha Sangkyung's body hit the barrier around the room. Blood emerged from his mouth. He would of been dead if that was what Yoo Jonghyuk really wanted. But Yoo Jonghyuk choose to keep him alive because he could be useful for Kim Dokja. 

The same thing could be said about the Neutral King though. That traitor had chosen to go against them in the nearby future. This was one of the problems with being a regressor. 

Yoo Jonghyuk had often stared at his teammates' murders without being able to do anything. He had no way of justifying his actions to others either if he choose to kill someone who did bad thing in a past regression. 

A constellation could of slaughter his closest teammates while he would later have to team up with that constellation in another regression turn. 

Shin Yoosung. She was someone who could have killed if it weren't for Kim Dokja. The younger version and the older version from different regression turns. Killing the younger one resulted in the death of the older version. A simple way of getting rid of an almost unbeatable boss. 

Killing an innocent child for the safety of thousands of other people. Doing something for the greater good. When would he wake up and realize that his options weren't that limited. 

Kim Dokja might have showed him the way to get past previous problems but in the end he couldn't save everyone. No one was lost forever but they still died.