Part Eighteen

Demi:

I was done with my part of the commercials, which meant we were done for the day. I changed back to the clothes I came in. I was looking for Joe but he wasn't around. "Colton?" I went over to him.

Colton looked up from his camera, "you looked phenomenal!" 

"Thanks! Have you seen Joe? We were supposed to explore the city together." I looked around the studio just in case I was missing him. I looked at Colton and he was acting weird.

"I think he told me he wasn't feeling good... how about we explore the city, together?" he grinned.

I hope Joe was okay. Maybe it was food poisoning? Maybe the waitress poisoned his food after those comments. "Sure! I need some gay best friend time!" I giggled.

He chuckled, "let me send this to the producer then we'll be lil tourists!" he walked off. I took my phone out and texted Joe.

are u okay?

"Alright, let's go!" Colton grabbed his things and we got into his rental car. We explored Panama City like tourists would do. 

I had a blast with my best friend. We took lots of photos and got a lot of souvenirs! I never got a text back from Joe so I really hoped he was okay. We got back to the hotel around 8 pm.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Colton hugged me, "almost done, baby!"

"Thank God!"  I giggled.

We said our goodbyes and I went to my hotel room, expecting Joe to be there. "Joe?" I walked around the room and nothing.

I did see a note on the bed, at the pool. I'm fine.

I smirked at myself. I got into my bikini, grabbed the towel, and went downstairs. I went to the indoor pool area, expecting Joe to wait on me but what I saw was absolutely surprising.

Joe was in the hot tub with 2 girls kissing all over him. I shook my head. He made eye contact with me, "Demi!" he sat up quick.

I rushed back to the room. I slammed the door for it just to open again, "Demi!"

"What was that?!" I turned around to him.

"Um... women. They were having a good time..."

"So were you," I glared, "you're an asshole!" I yelled out.

"I can't do this!" he shut the door.

"Fuck Danger! Your name should be asshole!" I shook my head, "I'm so stupid! You can go back to those whores."

"Colton told me that you'd wait for as long as possible for me to change my mind! Demi, this is me! I'm not changing my mind! I'm not a commitment kind of guy! I don't want you to wait for something that will be nothing! I can't do it!"

My face dropped, "Colton told you that... he knew about you being upset and didn't tell you?"

"He's a good friend, what can I say?" Joe sighed.

I felt backstabbed. I felt like was stabbed in the back by Colton and stabbed in my chest by Joe.

"I can't even look at you right now..." I looked at the carpet.

"At least I'm telling you...," Joe shrugged.

"Telling me?! YOU THINK THIS IS TELLING ME?! Me finding you having a fucking threesome in a hot tub is telling me that you're a noncommitted guy? No, that's telling me you're an utter complete asshole! I can't wait to go to New York so I can stay away from you." I walked past him to the door.

"Don't you leave dressed like that!" he followed.

"You're not my boyfriend! You can't tell me shit! I may find myself in a fucking foursome!" I screamed.

"What's going on!?" Colton opened his door.

"Fuck you too!" I glared at him. I walked out to the lobby in just my bikini.

"I need a room for just the night." 

"No, she doesn't. She's staying with me!" Joe chimed in.

"Please don't let me stay with him... he's a horn dog... if you know what I mean." I told the receptionist, who looked terrified.

"Demi, just stay with me," Colton sighed.

"Ma'm we have no available rooms," the receptionist told me.

"Fine. I'll stay with Colton since I can somewhat look at him." I walked off and walked into Colton's room.

"Can we talk about this psychotic behavior?" Colton followed.

"You're my best friend... you tell me everything... you should've told me about what you told Joe and how he got upset."

"I know, I know! I didn't know it got to him! All I said was that you really love him to wait for him." Colton shrugged.

"You acted like everything was okay, you lied to me. You told me he wasn't feeling good. I trusted you."

"Demi, I'm so sorry..."

"I'm sorry too because once this commercial thing is over, once we're back in New York, I'm staying with my dad."

"No," Colton gulped, "I wasn't going to tell you like this but this company loved my work so they offered me a position in their LA company. I'll be staying in LA...so you can have the apartment."

"Alright," I wasn't going to show him I was upset about this news, "good. Good luck in LA," I said, I went to the empty room and shut the door, and cried myself to sleep.

A week went by and I finished the tour and didn't speak to Joe and Colton. I was glad to be home. I was in the apartment alone since Colton is all the way in LA. Joe didn't even try to text me. Did I go crazy to scare him permanently? 

I sat on the couch, bored. I realized that I have no friends except Colton. I decided to take a break from fighting only because I didn't want to see Joe. I got myself up and went to the grocery store.

"Demi!" Selena ran over to me.

"Oh, hey Selena...," I hugged her back, "you not trying to avoid me?"

She laughed, "What you and Joe do is your business. I still like you! Say, I want to go shopping but not myself, you in?"

There it was, plans for the day, "sure! I was actually bored out of my mind so you saved me!" I giggled.

I got new clothes and I got to know Selena better and she's actually cool. After today, I consider her a friend and we also exchanged phone numbers. 

I got back to my apartment and once again the lonesome hit me again

I got back to my apartment and once again the lonesome hit me again. I do miss Colton but he hurt my trust.