Part Twelve

Caution: Use of self-harm & overdose

Demi;

I was sitting on the couch after I did what I did and I hated myself for it. I couldn't believe I was 5 years clean and I gave it up after a man who didn't even want me.

Colton rushed into our hotel, "what? Let me see you!" he climbed over the couch to look at me.

"Here I am," I smiled innocently, "I'm good."

"No, Demi," he shook his head, "where did you do it?!" He grabbed my arm to look at my wrists.

I took a deep breath, got off the couch and rolled up my sweatpants to reveal my cuts on my thighs. "I wasn't going to kill myself...I just want to feel some pain because Joe has a girlfriend when he told me he doesn't do girlfriends."

"Demi, I told you not to worry about that! Have you seen the girl?! She could be a man! Joe, Danger, could be dating a man!" Colton hugged me.

"He called our fling an accident.... why do I care!? He tried to get Adam killed! I should hate him!" I flopped on the couch, crying.

"But instead I'm here upset and I self-harmed over a douchebag! I made 5 years go to waste..." I took a deep breath.

"It's going to be okay, we'll get you through this... I knew this was a bad idea to take you here with me...," Colton pulled me into a hug where I did cry my eyes out.

The next few days were rough, but I was hanging in to be with Colton. He's all I got.  I did end up going back home to New York because I couldn't handle seeing Joe at all the photoshoots that Colton was at. Colton promised he wouldn't be doing Joe's photos--or would he talk to him. 

I took some days off of my job because I feel like I'm not well enough to encourage fighters, and I was also seeing fighters after the weekend. I went to Starbucks to get some coffee. I saw Selena and went over to her.

"Hey," I grinned, she didn't look at me or acknowledge me.

"Selena... remember me? I'm Demi," I kept my focus on her.

She grabbed her coffee when they called her name then she spun to me, "yes, I know who you are," she glared.

She then walked out of Starbucks.

I forgot about my coffee and chased after her

I forgot about my coffee and chased after her. "Selena! What does that mean!?" 

She turned around to look at me, "you ruined my brother's career. I know who the hoe would be!" she rolled her eyes.

"What the fuck! I just saw him... he's happy with some other chick..." 

Selena started laughing at me, "you honestly don't know shit about him," she dug through her purse and shoved two newspapers at me, "he's home if you wanna apologize." she walked off.