Part Twenty

Joe;

"Dammit, Demi!" I pulled Justin away from her, I looked at Justin to make sure he was okay. I couldn't believe how she was acting.

"Well fuck you both for teaming up against me. I'm going home!" Demi got in her car and started it.

"Just let her go." I shook my head at her. I couldn't believe I was going to let her drive off but she was being ridiculous.

I helped Justin get in his car. "Are you sure you're okay? Need me to call 911?" 

He shook his head, "I'm fine...it's just a nose bleed. Thanks," he was silent for a minute, "I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault... I'll see you later." I shut his door and he drove off. I walked to my car and drove home. I had enough partying for the night. I hoped Demi made it home safe.

I got to my bachelor pad. I went in and poured myself some water. I turned on some TV while I made a late midnight sandwich.

I got a phone call. It was Colton?

I answered, "Hello?"

"Joe, hey," he took a deep breath, "I still have your phone number."

"Um, I see. What's going on? What's up?"

"Well," he sighed again, "I'm still under Demi's emergency contact. She got in a wreck and on her way to the hospital? She was driving under the influence which doesn't sound like her."

I sighed, I shouldn't have let her go. "Shit. What hospital?" I rubbed my face.

"Lenox Hill Hospital," he said, I heard laughing in the background.

"You know she'd love it if you would be there." I gave him a hint.

"I'm in LA and I think she'd understand. Anyways I gotta go. Keep me updated." 

"You update yourself," I hung up and once again left my home and drove to the hospital.

I went to the front desk, "Hi, I'm here for Demetria Lovato."

"What is your relationship status with this patient?" the lady glared at me. I couldn't tell the truth. I had to say something!

"I'm her boyfriend. I'm Joseph Jonas." I nodded.

"Alright, they're still examining her. She just got here 20 mins ago. I'll have a nurse come out and update you soon." the lady nodded.

I sat down in a chair in the waiting room. I was so anxious. I looked up at the TV.

New fighter Demetria, Diva of Doom, Lovato was caught in an ugly car crash. Reports say speeding and drinking were the reason. More on that soon. The news was talking about it and it showed her car. Oh my God.

Hours passed by and by waiting on the nurse to update me. I ended up following asleep in the chair.

"Mr. Jonas?" a sweat voice shook me gently, waking me up, "Mr. Jonas, hello. I'm Rebecca, Demi's nurse."

"Yeah," I rubbed my eyes, "how is she?" 

"She's fine. She's sleeping. She only has a broken arm and a few ribs." she looked at her clipboard.

"Oh thank god. Thank you, what room is she?" I stood up.

"That's the thing... Miss Lovato was drinking and driving...that's a felon. She wakes up, the police will be involved." 

I sighed, "would I be able to talk to them?" 

She hesitated for a minute, "yeah of course. I'm sorry. Luckily though, nobody else was hurt."