Part Nine

Demi

I woke up before Joe. I took a second to watch him sleep. How can anyone look more precious than they do when they're sleeping? I stroke his face, softly. I sat up on his bed. I grabbed his striped shirt he wore last night. I buttoned it up and walked out of his bedroom. I walked around his penthouse. His parent's house was huge but this penthouse was a good size, definitely for someone who lives by themselves.

I was looking at the pictures he had on his bookself. He had pictures of his family which made me smile knowing he loves his family.

 He had pictures of his family which made me smile knowing he loves his family

"Hello?" I heard Joe's groggy voice, he's awake. I can't wait to see him.

"No, dude. Calm down. I'm going to win this fight tonight.No girl can change that," Joe groaned. I leaned against the wall, being nosey and listening.

"It was just a fuck. She means nothing," Joe bickered. That kind of hurt my feelings. Kinda was an understatement. It hurt my feelings. I tried not to let a tear out but it was tough to do.

I walked into the bedroom, unbuttoning his shirt that I was wearing.

Joe looked at me and he noticed my tears, "dude, I...I gotta go." he hung up.

"What's wrong? You can't take off clothes with a look like that and expect me to be aroused.

I ignore him, knowing best that I shouldn't say anything. I slipped on my bra and panties.

"Princess, what is going on?" he stood up from his bed after he slipped his boxers on.

"You're an asshole. I knew that but yet I still let you in...what the hell is wrong with me?" I looked around the room for my dress.

"Nothing is wrong with you! Can you tell me what's going on?!"

"Where the hell is my dress?" I frantically looked around the room.

"Demi!" Joe followed my every move.

"Get away from me!" I glared at him, "I'm just a fuck, huh?! I mean nothing!? You really fooled me! Giving me things! Taking me out to dinner! Helping me fight!?" I continued searching for my dress.

"You heard that?! Demi," Joe sighed, "I told you I'm not the dating type! You seemed to be okay with that!"

"Oh my god! Where's my dress?!" I screamed, "I may seem fine with that, but hearing you tell whoever that was that I was just a fuck, it felt like shit and it helped me realize this between us is over! I'm over it! Fighters suck!"

"What about the fight?" he asked.

I groaned, thinking all he cares about is the fight, "I'm still fighting but I don't want to train with you anymore. I'll see you tonight but I'm not cheering for you." I finally found my dress and slipped it on.

"Demi,--" I interrupted Joe.

"Don't Demi me," I pulled my hair out from my dress, "you're definitely not the dating type because any guy would know that's a low blow. We're not stupid." I grabbed my heels.