Chapter 25.

As always, all images used in this fanfic are the property of their creators.

Your pov.

we had already seen the extraction point, so we were approaching, but there was something strange, the soldiers' uniform didn't look like any uniform I've seen, (I didn't find a photo, but it's mainly black and red, with a scary face on the back).

Y/n: wait 2b, something is wrong.

2b: which is?.

Y/n: they are not from Atlas or Sentinel, the uniform I have never seen but that insignia on their uniform already, is the research group of the Black Order, let's get out of here fast.

2b: right, let's go then.

Before we could leave, somehow a soldier spotted us, alerted the others, then they attacked us, it was a difficult fight, I was low on mana and my wounds were open, my body was too tired even for my titan's healing , there were 10 soldiers, and some scientists, 2b is a very good fighter, she killed six of them, with a lot of effort I killed the other four, in the middle of the fight the helicopter was destroyed, after killing the soldiers II felt a needle come in my neck, I felt something being injected into me, 2b killed the scientist who gave me the injection, she tried to help me, but then I felt my body start to burn, a horrible pain went through my whole body, it was like having my body playing in a meat grinder, I started screaming in pain, 2b seemed to be desperate to calm down, but I wasn't hearing anything, it was as if every muscle of mine was being pulled out with the hot pliers, I started screaming in pain, it was agonizing then my body eats it started to leak corrupted mana through the wounds, it was a lot of energy, my little spectral mana that was left was trying to prevent the progress of corruption, it was like matter and antimatter, they created a reaction, the pain was so bad that I passed out, so I didn't see the rescue helicopter coming.

A week later.

I slowly started to wake up, I saw that I was in what appeared to be a hospital room, I looked at my side and saw IV, some machines, so I looked the other way and saw my aunt, she still hadn't realized that I was already awake, so I got her attention.

Y/n: hey aunt.

Naomi: y/n!, Thank God you're alright.

Y/n: where are we, and how long have I been away ?.

Naomi: we are at the base of Atlas, and you were gone for a week, you were very close to death, you almost became the corrupted one.

Y/n: I don't remember exactly, just feeling a lot of pain, where's the girl who was with me?

Naomi: she is fine, she is at our house.

Y/n: good, you can call the doctor, I want to get out of here.

Naomi left the room to call the doctor, now that I'm alone, I feel different, and as if I had evolved again, well I didn't have much time to think about what happened to me, two women entered the room.