7

I knocked at his door, I guess this was our first date.

His lovely face appeared behind the door and welcomed me in. But there was a weird smell that pervaded the room. I could not help but scrunch my nose. He noticed it and ran towards the stove.

"Fudge!" He screamed. He burnt dinner for sure. I quickly approached Keith, and I found the burnt potatoes and chicken all over the stove.

Although dinner was ruined I was very touched by his intentions of cooking dinner for me. I looked at him and he gave me a disappointed smile.

"I'm sorry, Alice. I was trying to surprise you with..." He began.

I interrupted him and gave him a side hug and kissed his cheek.

"Don't worry. I still think you are very thoughtful. I'll help you cook," I opened the fridge and found some ground red meat. I also discovered some potatoes and onions were left.

"I've got an idea. Sit down for a sec and let me surprise you,"

He looked at me with endearment, "Alright"

I decided to make cottage pie, his favorite. Once it was in the oven, I checked the clock and looked for Keith.

"Well, I'm busy now. I'll call you tomorrow then. We'll play at 6, right?" Keith chatted away on the phone.

He looked so cute. I didn't want to interrupt him though. So I set the table instead as I heard his beautiful soothing voice talk.

I checked the clock again, the cottage pie was ready!

"Keith, it's ready!" I shouted delightfully.

"Okay, Mick I've gotta go!" he hung up and made his way to the table where I was putting the cottage pie.

His eyes widened, "Cottage pie?" He asked surprised.

"Yeah. It's your favorite right?" I asked. He gave me a peck on the cheek and sat down.

"You're the best!" He began to dig in. When those words came out of his mouth I could not help but squeak in excitement.

He stuffed his face and with his mouth full he commented, "This has got to be the best meal I have had in my life!"

"I'm glad you like it!" I exclaimed as I took a bite from it. I loved cooking and was experienced, so I knew he would like it.

The telephone rang suddenly. Keith looked amused and in heaven at the moment so I offered to pick it up.

"Hello? Yes. Oh!"

"Who is it?" He asked intrigued.

I hung the phone up. "Susan," I answered.

"What does she want now?"

"Apparently you are an f*****g c**t.... and I am too.. blah blah blah,"

"She's just mad because I broke things off with her and she knows I'm with you," He said as he took my dish away and put it in the sink.

I'm with him? Like just physically near him or dating or...? What does he mean?

"Yeah, I guess," I replied, not knowing what to say.

"Hey I'm writing a new song, wanna hear it!" He asked me.

"Yes, of course!"

He grabbed his guitar and began playing what would be later known as Satisfaction.

"Keith you're a genius! It's a hit!"

He smirked, "You like it?"

"I love it!"

He put his guitar down and I gave him a big hug. "Let's watch something," I suggested.

We both laid on his couch and turned the TV on. Some Western movie was playing, I didn't really like these type of films but as I saw Keith interested in it I kept it on. Soon I found myself cuddling with Keith, having his hands wrap around me and my face sitting on his lean stomach. Every once in a while he would kiss the top of my head and play with my hair. I soon fell asleep.