15

What is the guitar doing here? I should talk to him. We need to clear things up. Maybe he also regrets how we ended things and that is why he gave me the guitar back.

"Hey, Keith. I just saw that you left the guitar back at my place. And I just thought that maybe we could have a cup of tea and talk? I want to end things in a better way and..." I talked to Keith on the phone.

"Yes, yes, yes! I'll be there in an hour! See you soon,"Keith hung up. He seemed calm and willing to meet me. I didn't expect him to come so soon, as I thought I would have enough time to think about what I was going to discuss with him. But I guess the sooner, the better. 

I started preparing the tea and cleaning up my place a bit. While I did, I couldn't help but compare George and Keith again. They were actually very similar... I realized they were pretty introverted. I thought it was funny, I am shy by nature at first, but love interacting with people, I guess I am an ambivert. They are both guitarists in the most popular boy bands, dark-haired, enchanting eyes...

I heard Keith knock on the door. I ran to the bathroom, looked at myself in the mirror. You can do this! I cheered myself up. Then I opened the door for Keith to come in. it was extremely awkward. We didn't know whether to hug or not. He just patted my back and looked for a spot to  sit down. He noticed I had prepared the dining table with tea and some biscuits, so he sat there. I also sat down and took a sip from the tea I prepared.

"So...we should talk about us," I stared into his eyes. I must admit he looked cute, he was also wearing a cute hat.

"First of all, you look cute in that hat," I said. He chuckled, "You like it?" He raised his eyebrow and I knew he was about to say some nonsense that was going to get us out of topic. Though I liked playing around and having silly conversations with him, I wanted to address our situation.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. We need to talk seriously!" I tried to stay put.

"You're right! You're right! Maybe we can start by ripping our clothes off and making love..." Keith joked. I rolled my eyes, trying not to laugh.

"Okay, now seriously!" He put on a funny serious face and though he was also trying not to laugh we both gave in and laugh hysterically.

Oh gosh, we weren't getting anywhere. But at least there are no hard feelings there.

"I think..." Keith began with a smirk on his face, but I interrupted him, "Shhh!!" 

"I will start, so we don't get off topic. So... okay... you understand why I got mad, right?" I was now getting pretty serious. The room's mood completely changed.

"Yes, and I was way out of line. I wanted to apologize for everything, I said and did stupid shit,"

"Do you hate me?" I asked. I really thought he did for a while.

"Of course, not! Do you?"

"No! You know I still love you...not in the same way. But I can't just fall out of love that quickly, you know?" I explained myself.

"Yeah, I guess..."

"Anyways, thank you. I really needed to hear this. I really appreciate you coming here to apologize and making an effort to make things right," 

Keith and I got up and gave each other a big hug. I looked up and he looks down, making our eyes meet. He leaned in and kissed me hard. Though I wanted to kiss him back, I didn't want to confuse us. I accepted his kiss, but only because I loved him as a friend and I felt like he did it as an automatic gesture of kindness for forgiving him.

"You know I still love you, love you, right?" Keith whispered when I pulled away from our kiss. "I love you too...but as a friend," I said as kindly as I could. I think he understood that I wasn't as into him romantically but I still felt close to him. 

"Well then, friends with benefits!" He laughed and I pushed him away, breaking our embrace. 

"Fine, fine. Just friends?" He fixed his hat. "Just friends!" I smiled back at him and led him to my front door.

"I'm glad we got to patch things up. Don't forget that I will never hate you. You are very important to me," I caressed his arm up and down. 

"Me too. Well, I guess. I'll go now," He cutely smiled and left.

"Goodnight Ally!" He waved goodbye and I did the same.

I closed the door and took a deep breath. I was relieved. Thank goodness, that's fixed!