28

Keith took his jacket, hat and glasses off and placed them on a nearby table. The tornado seemed to have calmed down, but it wasn't safe enough to get out anytime soon. 

"Are you feeling better?" Keith asked as he looked for food on some of the shelves. "Yes, a bit..." I replied. I got up wiped my face with my hands and looked for some type of telephone, television or radio, so we could obtain information about the current status of the tornado. 

There were broken carton boxes on the corner, I looked through them and found a small little radio. "Yes!" I exclaimed. 

I tried turning it on, "Thank you, Roger. The tornado seems to continue its route. Back and forth the same streets, yet what citizens have to remember is that little earthquakes will be occurring all throughout the night.  Experts say these natural phenomenons will last about a week. So, stay safe, and take care of your loved ones! Make use of your canned food and stay in your basements to ensure further safety," 

"For fuck's sake!" Keith sighed. "We'll be stuck here for days!" 

"At least we have each other and we aren't alone!" I tried to look on the bright side. "Here it is! Todays dinner!" Keith turned around excited. 

"What is it?" I was starving.

"Baked beans, tuna and baked beans!" He held up the three cans. 

We each got a can of baked beans, but we were going to share the tuna can together. I was kind of scared we weren't going to have enough food for the whole week so I approached the shelves and counted all the cans of food that were left. Meanwhile, Keith was figuring out how to open our cans. 

"2, 4, 6.....24!" I counted. "28 divide by 7 is basically 4 divided by 2 is 2, so... we each get to consume two cans per day!" I figured out how much we should be allowed to eat everyday.

"I'm not that hungry, you can have my beans too," Keith offered his food. I believe he was just doing it because he was concerned I would continue to be hungry. I did not allow that to happen, "Keith, stop with the none sense! We will both eat a can a day. No need for an already skinny guy to turn into a walking skeleton!"

He laughed, "Fine! If you insist..."

I sat beside him, took a rusty old spoon and dug in. "It's actually not that bad!" I really enjoyed the tuna. After a few bites, I decided to stop eating, so I could continue eating later on when the hunger strikes again. 

After "dinner" we looked around for entertainment and we thankfully discovered a few board games and played the evening away. They were very old, so we did not what we were doing half of the time, but it was fun and it made us evade reality and focus on winning the obscure game. 

I wanted to make the most of my time, as something inside convinced me these were the last days of my life. Suddenly, a profuse amount of books and boxes from the top of the shelves started to fall and with that lots of dust, the ground shook at a rapid rate and my eyes widened. I was extremely scared. I made quick eye contact with Keith and we both hugged each other and sat against the wall, closing our eyes, waiting for the terror to end. 

It felt like hours had gone by and we weren't sure what time it was anymore as Keith watch broke and there were no clocks in the scene. Was it morning already? Is it midnight? We didn't know. We were n a basement, after all and no windows were included that might help us assume the time of the day by the sun rays.

"Since we might die anytime soon, I have something to say to you..." Keith interrupted my thoughts. The shaking stopped coincidentally. We were both amazed and before we could say anything we kissed. 

"Let's make love before the shaking comes back and everything falls on top of us, crushing our skulls, killing us before our corpses are found in a matter of weeks," Keith begged.

I didn't know what to do. "Common you are the one who wanted to live the last week without regrets.."

"What if we do survive?"

"Nobody needs to know, baby!" He whispered in my ear.

"Whatever happens, happens. Let's just go with the flow, okay?"

"Fine" I agreed.

I laid an old blanket on the floor and laid down on top of it. Keith laid behind me and slowly caressed my body from the top to the bottom. His fingers approached my vagina, but before he could do anything else, I turned around, facing him and grabbed his hand. He held my hand, intertwining our fingers, and kissed my lips. I must say I was quite uncomfortable, the floor was hard and a silly blanket wasn't going to fix that. Keith proposed the idea of having me laying on top of him for comfort.

"Are you sure, you don't mind?" I got on top him, my head on top of his chest and my comfort fulfilled. 

He played with my hair and I instantly fell asleep. But after perhaps thirty minutes I woke up to see if Keith could get any sleep. He was still awake. I lifted my head from his chest and looked straight at him and caressed his face moving some hair off his face. His eyes looked so tender and sweet, the feelings he was transmitting through those piercing eyes were unexplainable. I pecked his lips and confessed, "I love you,"