24

George and I were the happiest of people, but that feeling was only going to get better that night. I switched dresses to a shorter silk one, that could show off my legs. George also switched suits, to a more comfortable one. 

As we arrived, we were showered with lovely greetings by the guests.  We were seated in a table with both of our parents, our siblings and some friends with their respective wives. We dinned the night away, with delightful conversations all throughout, and many, many toasts.

My mom was so emotional she just held the mic and sobbed away until someone brought her down the stage. George's father said some hilariously cheeky stuff and congratulated us, I could tell where George got his humor. It was Louise, who really made an impression.

"Who would have known my little Geo was going to marry such a wonderful woman on this night. He was a little rascal back in the day, guess we didn't assume he would marry so well. The thing is Geo has had many girls come over through the years, but he has never looked at anyone like he does to Ally. I remember the day I first met Ally. George had told me beforehand that she was just like him but the girl version. Turns out, she was much more than that," The audience, amused, laughed along. 

"As soon as she entered the door at my house, I knew she was a keeper! Not only was George right about her being quite funny and charming, she was also deeply intellectual and had a spectacular drive for learning, which is what I admire most about these two lovebirds. She is talented, not only in the entertainment business, with her music and films, but she is an excellent cook. I think that is partly because of me, no just kidding! She actually has helped me a lot in the kitchen! Anyways, I don't want to bore you any longer! I just wanted to say that I..." She began to weep. George and I went to go get her, but she stopped us.

"I am so excited for her to be part of our family and I know you two belong together! I wish you guys the best, I love you both, but I think I love Ally a little bit more," She walked down the stage, wiping her happy tears away. George acted as if he felt insulted, but laughed it off with all of us. I gave Louise a sweet kiss on her cheek and thank her and everyone else for their lovely speeches. George and I were about to say our own, but we decided to say them before we cut the huge wedding cake together. However, we still had to eat the main course, so that was going to be in a little while. I excused myself to go to the bathroom, yet Marianne pulled me aside along with Twiggy.

"We've got to tell you something..." Twiggy did not seem excited.

"What is it?" I didn't understand what could possibly go wrong at my wedding day!

"When you were both in the middle of getting married...Brian was joking around when he said, "If there is anyone present who can show just cause why these two persons may not be joined in matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace." But Keith actually stood up for a second, as if he was going to give an actual reason to stop the wedding, thank God Anita grabbed him and pulled him down before he could say anything," Marianne explained her concern.

I didn't know how to feel about that. "We just thought you should know. In case, he decides to get drunk and express his feelings towards you tonight. You should keep an eye on the lookout," Twiggy continued. 

"Well, I appreciate you telling me this. I've got to go now, everyone is probably looking for the bride!" I was scared Keith was going to ruin my wedding party, so I went and looked for him instead of returning to the table.

 "Have you seen Keith?" I asked Mick. "I saw him leave just now, I think he is taking a smoke outside. By the way, The Stones made sure one of those wedding cakes was filled with Marihuana!" He yelled at me because of the loud music, to make sure I heard him. "Thank you!" I gave him the thumbs up, but then realized he had just put some drugs into one of my cakes and I didn't know how to answer, so I just ran outside. 

"There you are!" I sighed out of relief, when I found Keith leaning on the wall, peacefully smoking a cigar.

He looked at me and rolled his eyes. I didn't understand why he was mad. "Hey!" I stood in front of him.

"What?" He shrugged his shoulders. "What is up with you?" I asked him. He wouldn't look at me in the eyes.

"Quit, ignoring me!" I grabbed his face with both of my hands. He insisted on that angry stare. "Common, it's my wedding night, come and have some fun!" I begged him. 

"Why the fuck are you here?" Keith was mad and pulled my hands away. "What?" I was clueless.

"Why are you here with me, instead of inside with your new husband, huh?" He looked away as he gritted his teeth. 

"Because you are my friend and I want you to be there in the happiest day of my life! Common there are delicious dishes and yummy food waiting for you. Are you not hungry?" I tried convincing him to come inside and join everyone in the fun. 

He held a fist in front of my face, as if he was about to punch me, but he retrieved slowly. He was never this aggressive when were together, but I guessed that since he was with Anita, his behavior and his ways to resolve things changed. Out of nowhere and before I knew it, he smashed his lips against mine.