3

The next day I had a meeting with Brian Epstein, the manager of The Beatles. He told me he wanted to hire me for a small movie role in their upcoming film, A Hard Days Night. I was extremely excited! He mentioned that he had stumbled across a magazine, in which I appeared on the cover. He had asked around about me and learned about my interest in the entertainment industry and how I went to a school near Georges' back when I was younger.

"This might as well kick-start my career," I thought to myself.

 I still didn't know what I wanted to do. I wanted to become an entertainer for sure, but I couldn't decide between the film or music industry. I did not really like being a model, but I needed money more than ever. I only had money to barely feed myself and I shared an apartment with 5 girls. So at this point, I took every job opportunity I could get. 

Although I was quite thrilled with the idea of meeting the Beatles, and hopefully reconnecting with George, I could not stop thinking about Keith. So I decided to stop by his place before going to the movie's set.

I knocked on his door, and unsurprisingly Mick opened instead. "Good morning love!" He welcomed me inside. 

"Good morning Mick! Have you seen Keith by any chance?" I asked while looking around.

"He just left with Susan to catch some breakfast. You know, I think they like each other. Susan comes by everyday and takes him out for a meal and they end up at her place," Brian answered. 

Who is this Susan? Is Keith dating her? I guess Keith doesnt remember what we did last night, or maybe he doesnt care about it.

"Oh, are they dating?" I asked without thinking.

"Sure, seems like it," Mick responds while sitting on his armchair.

"Doesn't look like its official though," Bill answers Mick.

I started feeling quite jealous. I don't know why. I wasnt even in love with him, but the thought of him disregarding what happened in the bathroom or not even talking about it with me, and then hopping of with some Susan, made me uncomfortable.

"Fancy a tea?" Brian offered preparing me a tea, but I politely rejected.

"Thank you Brian, but I have to go. I'm going to be late to work," I opened the front door.

"Maybe next time, have a good day!" Mick waved goodbye and I shut the door behind me. 

I ran to the bus, which dropped me off at the train station. I was greeted by the film crew and Brian Epstein.

"Oh you look lovely! I'm glad you could make it." Brian hugged me. Although I barely knew him, we build a close relationship. He was so endearing and caring. 

"Thank you! You look terrific!" I complimented him back and we both laughed.

"Well, I don't want to distract you any longer. They are waiting for you in the make up room, inside the train," He showed me where to go and I followed his instructions.

I met with the wardrobe director first and he had ordered me to try on a schoolgirl outfit. Afterwards, the make-up artist worked on my face and then styled my hair.  I didn't have to say a word, but I was still nervous.

Brian then called me in to meet the band. 

"Alice! Come meet the boys!"

I took a deep breath in and followed his voice. And there they were, standing next to Brian with charming smiles.

I inmediately blushed and turned away in embarrassment. But I didn't want to further the awkwardness so I shook their hands. 

"It's so nice to meet you all!" I exclaimed unable to stop from smiling.

"You're face looks familiar" George responded.

"Well, of course, she works for the fashion newspaper!" John answered at which everyone replied with laughter and teased George.

"Actually, I went to the school in front of yours. I don't think you'll remember, but I was friends with Natalie," I answered.

"Ohh!! You moved to London right?" He replied.

I guess he recognized me. 

"Yes!" I responded.

"Well, I think its time to get a meal. Lets go to the cafeteria!" Brian interrupted and lead us there. I was so shy! I didn't know where to sit, who to talk to!

I approached the other girls who would be filming with me.

"Hello girls!" 

"Hello!" They exclaimed with a welcoming expression on their faces.

"Come sit with us!" 

I sat next to them and started some small talk.

"You knew George?" One asked with admiring eyes.

"Well.." As I was about to explain my situation Brian called me.

"Excuse me," I got up and sat next to Brian.

"You called me?" 

"Yes. You see, I was wondering... are you looking for a manager?" He asked curiously.

"Um... I dont know. Am I supposed to be looking for one?" I asked worriedly.

"The thing is, I've been thinking about it and I believe you should audition for me. You want to explore the music industry dont you? I've heard you are a good songwriter," 

I was completely in utter shock. Is he being serious?

"I don't know about that, but I would love to go audition for you. It would be a dream," I responded trying to calm myself.

"Well, then meet me soon. I'll be waiting for you," Brian gave me his contact info in a piece of paper and left to get some food.

"Thank you so much Mr.Epstein," I gave him the biggest hug before he left.

As I was scanning the piece of paper, Paul sat next to me.

"Hello, there beautiful," He said.

I turned to meet his face. His eyes were sparkly and he contained the brightest grin. 

This felt surreal. Is he really talking to me?

John sat in front of me and i spotted Ringo chatting with the hairstylist and George with another actress. 

"So, are you going to be working with us from now on?" John asked while taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Well, I surely hope so. I have to audition first," 

"Alice, if you need anything, I can help you," Paul took my hand looked deeply into my eyes.

"Cut the flirtatious crap Paul!" John chuckled at Paul's intentions.

"Hey! I'm just trying to be nice!" Paul stopped holding my hands and began eating his sandwhich.

"Sure! I dont blame you though, if I were available I would have done the same thing!" John continued laughing.

"Anyway dear, will you accept my calls?" Paul gave me his phone number.

Before I could say anything I heard the most soothing and loveliest voice of them all.

"Whats going on here?" 

It was George. Just a look at him and I froze. He was truly gorgeous, he had such a beautiful smile with sexy fangs as teeth, and deep velvety brown eyes, which I could stare at for eternity.