13

After the Spanish trip, Keith and I were closer than ever. We'd often go out to artistic and cultural events together by the hand. The press eventually found out we were official, and they loved the gossip. But soon all of this time together finished once he had to go do another tour and I had to promote my debut as a singer. I debuted with the song Keith wrote for me, "As Tears Go By". And in a few days I was going to start filming Help with The Beatles.

"I made you some breakfast. Eggs, sausage, beans, tea...everything you like," I told Keith as he just came from his room all dressed up.

"Thank you,love" He kissed the top of my hand and sat down to begin eating. I looked at him and he looked like something was on his mind.

"What's wrong?" I asked curiously. He bit his nails and took a sip from the tea. 

"I've got to tell you something....and I'm doing this because I think you're the girl I want to love for the rest of my life..." As those words came out of his mouth, I didn't know whether to feel worried or euphoric. 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. "When I was on the American tour, before Spain and everything...well... I..." I suddenly feared what he was about to confess. 

"I played around with some girls... but I want you to know they all meant nothing. After Spain, I realized what I had right in front of my eyes and how stupid I was to have done that..." 

I was utterly shocked. I felt a knot tightening up inside my throat, but I tried to keep calm.

"It is the biggest regret of my life and I swear I will love only you, I do! I'm telling you, because I want you to know the truth before you saw this..." He tried touching my hands but I moved them away. Then he placed a picture of him with some fan backstage. 

"How could you?!" I bursted out in tears

"How could you?!" I bursted out in tears. "Babe, I didn't think we were that serious and after Spain, I made up my mind and realized I want you to be there the rest of my life with me! I mean we had never had sex and I needed to..."

"Oh, my bad! I didn't know that we had to have sex in order for you to realize we were serious, or at least that I was! I cannot believe you did this! I thought better of you! If you really want to be honest with me, why don't you go ahead and tell me how many other women you've slept with while we were seeing each other? And where you planning on telling me the truth, before some crazy fan sent you a letter with a picture of the both of you to our house?" I was so frustrated and I felt so humiliated at the same time. I felt as though I had meant nothing for him before that night on the beach!

"Maybe four or five? But listen that's not the point. I was going to tell you the night I gave you the guitar as an apology," Keith stuttered.

"Oh, so now you think that your actions can be forgiven by expensive gifts?"

"No, babe. I am sorry. I...had needs, you know i'm a boy..."

"Oh, gosh! What type of excuse is that?!"

"Ally, I promise you, I won't do anything like that on this tour!" Keith began getting angry and screamed at me back.

"Well, I guess we will never know whether you will be faithfull or not because we are done! Now you can go and fufill your "needs" and take advantage of other women!" I looked tough on the outside but my heart was shattered in pieces in the inside.

Keith stayed there in shock. "No, please, Ally, please hear me out!" Keith stood up and approached me.

I began to cry helplessly. "The thing is...I used to believe you, when you said you loved me, but you were seeing other women behind my back! I actually loved you, Keith. You know I also had chances of being unfaithfull, but I loved you and only you. You meant the world to me. I dreamt of us forming a family! But you obviously didn't care about me as much as I did!" I continued to weep.

"Fine! Then we are over!" Keith got up took his jacket and was headed towards the door.

"Good!" I yelled back with tears streaming down my face.

"Hey, don't forget your guitar!" I handed him the purple guitar he had given me, which now reminded me of his unfaithfullness. 

"Thank you, babe! Here are your shitty guitar picks!" He took my presents from his guitar case pocket and threw them at the floor. Then he took the purple guitar with him and slammed the door behind him. As soon as he left, I dropped down and continued to cry histerically. I loved him so much and he betrayed me! I wasted so much time! I've never loved anyone like this before! I should have taken George's words more seriously. After all, it was him who warned me about what goes on during tours. As soon as he told me what they do on tour, I knew i had the right to be suspicious, but I should have asked him sooner. I cannot believe what just happened! Now the band is going to hate my guts! He met my parents, visited my hometown and everything, for nothing! My mind went crazy for hours.