Lancelot

Silas stands at the side watching Arthur test the new Knight who wants to join the Knights of Camelot

Silas stands at the side watching Arthur test the new Knight who wants to join the Knights of Camelot. "Right, you jumped up dung beetle, this is it. The final test. Pass this and you're a knight of Camelot. Fail, and you're no one. You face the most feared of all foes, the ultimate killing machine. You face me. You're challenge to last one minute free combat. Grummond, Second son of Wessex. Your time starts now." Athir says drawing his sword and nodding at the servant with the hourglass. Grummond swings the swords around while Arthur watches. Grummond goes for the attack and Arthur takes him down in two swift blows. The crowd applauds. Arthur removes Grummond's flag with a sigh "Take him away." he tells his men. Silas sighs and shakes his head as Arthur walks over to him and Merlin joins.

Silas walks with his brother and Merlin through the lower town as Arthur rants about the Knight "Grummund's the third to fail this month. How am I meant to defend Camelot with rubbish like that?" Arthur asks. "Well, I think I might be able to help." Merlin tells him. "You, Merlin? You haven't the faintest idea what it takes to become a knight. Courage, fortitude, discipline." Arthur tells him. "No, no, no, of course I don't, but I do know someone who does." Merlin responds. "Yeah?" Silas asks. "He saved my life." Merlin tells them. "That's blowing it for starters." Arthur says. "No, no, no. He's really good. Honestly." Merlin assures him. "That's great, Merlin. I'm sure he's terrific, but you forget the First Code of Camelot." Arthur tells him. "The what?" Merlin asks. "The First Code. Only those of noble blood can serve as knights." Silas explains. "So, unless your friend is a nobleman..." Arthur adds. "Oh, er, he, he is a nobleman." Merlin responds. Silas gives him a look knowing he's lying. "Is he?" Arthur asks. "Absolutely." Merlin nods. "Very well. Bring him to the training ground tomorrow. And make sure he brings his seal of nobility." Arthur says before walking ahead of Merlin and Silas. "Thanks Arthur. You won't regret it." Merlin shouts after him. Silas turns to him "Truth, now!" he says crossing his arms. "I don't know if he's a nobleman but he is an amazing fighter." Merlin admits. "Fine, but I'm not using my magic to help. If Father finds out..." Silas trails off looking down. "Silas-" Merlin starts looking confused. "Doesn't matter, introduce me to this friend of yours." Silas says trying to sidetrack Merlin to stop him asking questions.

Silas walks into Gaius' chambers with Merlin to see a brunette with brown chin length hair. "Silas, this is Lancelot. Lancelot, this is Silas, Arthur's younger brother." Merlin introduces. "My Lord." Lancelot says with a bow. "Please none of that. Call me Silas." the youngest Pendragon smiles sticking his hand out. Lancelot smiles and shakes his hand with a nod "Silas it is." he responds. "Well? Did you speak to him?" Lancelot asks Merlin. "Yeah, I spoke to him." Merlin responds. "And?" he questions. "And..." Merlin starts feigning disappointment. "No." Lancelot shakes his head, disappointed. "He said he would like to meet you." Merlin tells his new found friend. "Yes! Thank you. Thank you!" Lancelot smiles as Silas sits down near Gaius. "Hey, really, it was no problem, really. It's nothing. Uh, you're not a nobleman, by any chance, are you?" Merlin asks. "A nobleman? No. Good lord, no. Why do you ask?"Lancelot asks with a laugh. "It's just that there's this..." Merlin starts. "The First Code of Camelot states that only those of noble blood can serve as a knight. Uther created the knights to protect this kingdom from those who wished to destroy it. He knew he would have to trust each of his knights with his life. So he chose them from the families that had sworn allegiance to him." Silas explains. "The nobility." Merlin adds. "And thus the First Code of Camelot was born, and ever since that day, only the sons of noble families have served as knights." Silas finishes. "But that is not fair." Merlin sighs as Lancelot looks downcast. "Fair or unfair, that's the way it is. I'm sorry, Lancelot. Truly, I am." Gaius responds.