The Curse of Cornelius Sigan

Silas lies in bed and groans as he covers his head with a pillow, trying to block out the sound of the men digging under the castle

Silas lies in bed and groans as he covers his head with a pillow, trying to block out the sound of the men digging under the castle. Sitting up he glares as he finds his spell book, flicking through to find a silence spell he could cast so he could get some sleep. As he does the noise stops making him frown in confusion at what could have stopped the men from working. Just then there is a knock on the door, he quickly puts his book back under his bed "Enter." he calls. A guard walks in "Prince Arthur requires your prescience in his chambers." he tells him. "Thank you." Silas nods, pulling his boots and long coat on. He stands and walks out of his room, the guard following him to Arthur's room. Silas knocks on the door "Enter." Arthur responds making Silas walk in. "What happened?" the younger brother asks. "The men found a tomb under the castle." Arthur responds. Silas frowns "Let me guess Father wants to see it immediately?" he asks. "Yes and if I have to be up and about at this time of night, then so do you." Arthur responds. "You're a horrible big brother sometimes, you know that?" Silas asks. "Yep, now come on." Arthur laughs.

Silas follows his father and brother through the tunnels, towards the tomb "I want the tomb guarded at all times." Uther tells them. They walk into the tomb and a plate rolls towards Uther's feet, Merlin runs to pick it up "Idiot." Uther mutters. "Were you born clumsy or do you work at it?" Arthur asks Merlin. "It's just one of my many gifts." Merlin responds. "Well this is quite a find. You see, Gaius, I was right. There is treasure to be found under Camelot. Which of my predecessors do I have to thank for all this? Gaius?" Uther asks as he looks round the room. "Uh, I'd have to look into it, Sire." Gaius responds. Just then Uther notices the dead body on the floor "How did he die?" he asks. "He seems to have unwittingly triggered a trap here." Gaius responds. "To deter grave robbers." Arthur realises. "Well there's plenty in here people would want to steal. Have them secure the tomb. Guarding it is your responsibility, Arthur." Uther says, turning to leave. "Yes, Father." Arthur responds as he leaves. Silas frowns as he looks at the large blue gem in the middle of the coffin "Silas?" Arthur asks noticing the concerned look on his brother's face. "There's something not right with the gem." Silas responds. "Come on, we've got to get a gate out in here." Arthur tells him. Silas nods and looks away from the gem, giving Merlin a look to tell him to talk later as he passes.