Valiant

Silas stands watching his brother practise for the tournament with Merlin "Ready?" Arthur asks Merlin

Silas stands watching his brother practise for the tournament with Merlin "Ready?" Arthur asks Merlin. "Would it make any difference if I said no?" Merlin asks. "Not really." Arthur tells him making Silas chuckle. Merlin puts his helmet on and draws his sword making Arthur start attacking "Body. Shield. Body. Shield." Arthur says. "Shield." Merlin repeats. "Head." Arthur tells him. "Head? Ow." Merlin exclaims as Arthur his his head with his sword. "Come on, Merlin. You're not even trying." Arthur says tapping Merlin on the back with his sword. "Ow! I am." Merlin protests. Silas chuckles and shakes his head at the two of them "Once more." Arthur says. "Oh, no." Merlin complains. "To the left. To the right. And left. Head." Arthur says hitting Merlin's head. "Ow!" Merlin exclaims. "Come on, Merlin! I've got a tournament to win." Arthur tells him. "Can we stop now, please? Ow! Shield. Body." Merlin groans. "Shield." Arthur says. "Shield. Ah." Merlin says as Arthur hits him on the head again. "Ow." Merlin groans falling on the floor, helmet rolling off. "You're braver than you look. Most servants collapse after the first blow." Arthur tells him making Silas nod. "Is it over?" Merlin asks hopefully. "That was just the warm up. How's your mace work coming along?" Arthur asks as he swings a mace above his head. Silas walks over "My turn, give Merlin a quick break." he tells his brother. Arthur smirks "Think you can beat me?" he asks. Silas chuckles and takes Merlin's sword "I know I can." he responds as he swings the sword at Arthur who blocks it. "Oh we going to be like that." Arthur chuckles as they fight. "Yeah we are." Silas smiles not noticing Morgana and Uther watching from the battlements. Arthur laughs and swings his sword bringing it to rest on Silas' shoulder "You lose." he tells his brother. Silas laughs "Are you sure?" he asks motioning to where he has his sword rested against Arthur's stomach. They both break away and laugh "Okay Merlin. Mace work." Arthur says.

Silas sits in his room when there is a knock on the door "Come in." he responds. Morgana walks in closely followed by Arthur "Whatever it was, it wasn't me." Silas says making them both chuckle. "You aren't in trouble Silas, Father and Morgana saw us training." Arthur starts. "And I managed to convince Uther to let you participate in the tournament." Morgana finishes. "R-really?" Silas grins. Arthur nods "She told him that it will look bad if you don't compete." he tells him. Silas jumps up and hugs Morgana "Thank you." he grins as she hugs him back. "You're welcome and Gwen has already started making your clothes." Morgana responds. "All you need now is a good sword." Arthur says with a smile as he reveals the sword he was hiding behind his back. Silas takes it from him grinning "It's perfect, Arthur. Thank you." he tells his brother who chuckles at him.