The Sins of the Father

Silas stands next to Arthur as Uther knights the new recruits "Arise Sir Vidor, Knight of Camelot

Silas stands next to Arthur as Uther knights the new recruits "Arise Sir Vidor, Knight of Camelot. Arise Sir Caradoc, Knight of Camelot. You have been accorded a great honour. But with that honour comes great responsibility. From this day forth, you are sworn to live by the knights' code. You have pledged to conduct yourselves with nobility, honour, and respect. Your word is your sacred bond. You will find no one who better embodies these values than my son, Arthur. Follow his example, and you will prove yourselves worthy of your title." he tells them. There's the sound of swords clanging outside the room, making everyone turn to look. A knight enters making the newly made knights of Camelot draw their swords as the knight approaches, Arthur steps forward and the knight drops gauntlet in front of Arthur. Silas watches as his brother picks it up "I accept your challenge. If I'm to face you in combat, do me the courtesy of revealing your identity." he tells them. The knight removes the helmet to reveal long blonde curls "My name is Morgause." she tells them. Silas looks at her in surprise, a feeling of recognition washing over him.

Silas stands to the side as Uther and Arthur consult Geoffrey "I've searched the records going back more than 300 years. I could find nothing to say a woman cannot issue a challenge." Geoffrey tells them. "There must be some way to put a stop to this." Uther says. "According to the Knight's Rules, it appears her challenge is perfectly valid." Geoffrey responds. "It seems there's nothing we can do." Arthur pipes up. "We don't know anything about this woman! I will not let you face her in combat!" Uther tells him. "I accepted the challenge. If I refuse to fight, it'll be seen as an act of cowardice." Arthur retorts. "She killed five guards. You should not underestimate her." Uther glares. "I cannot demand that my knights uphold the code, then be seen to break it myself. I must face her tomorrow." Arthur tells him.

That night, Silas goes outside to see Morgause training "I wanted to see if you wanted anything?" he asks. "Thank you, I have everything I need though." she smiles. Silas nods "If you do need anything feel free to ask." Silas tells her. "You have a kind heart, much like your mother." Morgause tells him. "Y-You knew my mother?" he asks. "Yes, she was very kind and caring. Much like you in that way it seems." Morgause explains. "H-How did you know her?" Silas asks. "That's a question for another time." Morgause tells him, walking towards the castle. Silas stands there in silent shock before walking back himself, wondering how Morgause knew his mother.

 Silas stands there in silent shock before walking back himself, wondering how Morgause knew his mother