To Kill the King

Silas wakes up in the middle of the night after feeling powerful magic nearby, after a minute Morgana comes running in in her nightgown "What's the matter?" he asks "Gwen's father has been arrested for treason

Silas wakes up in the middle of the night after feeling powerful magic nearby, after a minute Morgana comes running in in her nightgown "What's the matter?" he asks "Gwen's father has been arrested for treason." she responds. "What?" he asks, pulling on his boots and quickly head to the throne room. They find Uther, and Arthur "Treason?!" Morgana asks angrily. "Yes, Morgana, treason. The blacksmith was consorting with a known enemy." Uther responds. "Enemy? What enemy?" Silas asks. "Tauren. The leader of a band of renegade sorcerers sworn to bring down the King." Arthur responds. "And where is this Tauren now?" Morgana asks. "He escaped." Arthur tells her. "Well, then how can you be sure?" Morgana questions. "Because Arthur saw him with his own eyes." Uther tells her. "Well, even if the man is who you say he is, you can't sentence Tom to death for just being seen with him!?" Morgana exclaims. "We have reason to believe he was forging weapons for Tauren." Uther explains. "Rubbish! He would never do such a thing." Morgana tells him. "Every man has a price." Uther responds. Arthur slides a lump of gold across the table "Found this on the blacksmith." he tells Morgana and Silas. "So he was paid! He's a blacksmith. He could've been paid for shoeing Tauren's horse!" Silas exclaims. "In gold?" Uther asks. "This is madness! You condemn a man with no proof!" Morgana exclaims. "I have enough proof." Uther responds. "Which is circumstantial at best." Silas retorts making Uther glare at him. "Arthur! Have you nothing to say?" Morgana asks. "Father, the blacksmith committed a crime, but we don't know for certain he meant treason." Arthur tells him. "No. You're right. Nothing's certain. Save one thing. The law stands or this kingdom falls." Uther responds. "But the law must give him a fair trial!" Morgana exclaims. "He'll get a fair trial, and he'll be found guilty, 'cause that's what he is." Uther tells her. "You execute Gwen's father, and I will never forgive you. Never." Morgana glares before storming out, Silas following. "He's going to go after you now." Morgana tells Silas. "I don't care, he always is. This just gives him a reason to." Silas responds. Morgana sighs and hugs him "Get back to bed, I'll see you in the morning." she tells him.

The next morning Silas feels the same magic as the night before, sighing he puts his book down as Uther to come storming in

The next morning Silas feels the same magic as the night before, sighing he puts his book down as Uther to come storming in. Silas jumps up "Don't you dare try to do what you did last night again." Uther glares, hitting Silas. The teen falls to the floor at the power behind the hit "What you're doing is wrong Father. Tom wouldn't go against you, he cares about the kingdom and his daughter too much, to do something to risk so much isn't in his nature." Silas argues as he gets back up. "Don't talk back to me Silas. You're lucky I'm not throwing in the cells for your behaviour." Uther glares. "Go ahead, you've killed so many like me." Silas retorts. "You dare argue back. Sorcery is evil, you killed your mother by being born. It wa your magic that killed her." Uther shouts. "You're so scared of sorcery that you can't see the good it can do! Sorcery isn't evil the people who use it for bad are." Silas argues. Uther slaps him again "Don't you dare shout at me. I expect you to learn some respect." he shouts before leaving. A couple minutes later Silas stands in front of his mirror gently touching the black eye and busted lip Uther gave him, Morgana walks in "Silas!" she exclaims rushing over. "I'm fine Morgana." he tells her as she gently touches the growing bruise "This was Uther wasn't it?" she asks. Silas nods "He didn't like me arguing back." he responds. Morgana shakes her head "Come on. Gwen is in Gaius' chambers, I'll get him to check you over while I check on Gwen." she tells him. Silas nod and follows her out of his chambers and in the direction of Gaius'.