The Beginning of the End

Silas sits in Morgana's chambers with her and Gwen when he suddenly hears a young boys voice in his head calling for help

Silas sits in Morgana's chambers with her and Gwen when he suddenly hears a young boys voice in his head calling for help. Shaking his head he tries to focus on Morgana and Gwen when Merlin bursts into the room with a boy who looks no more than ten "Have you forgotten how to knock, Merlin?!" Morgana asks. "The guards are after him. I didn't know what to do." Merlin explains. Silas looks at the boy feeling a bond between them "My Lady? My Lady?" a guard asks knocking on the door. "In there." Morgana tells Merlin, pointing to the screen. Morgana waits until Merlin and the boy are behind the curtain before opening the door "I'm sorry to disturb you, My Lady. We're searching for a young Druid boy. We believe he came this way." the guard explains. "I haven't seen anyone. It's just me and the Prince and my maid." Morgana responds. "Best keep the door locked till we find him." the guard says. "Of course. Thank you." Morgana nods, closing the door. Silas and Morgana rush over and pull the curtain back to find the young boy passed out in Merlin's arms, Merlin's hand covered in the boys blood.

Later that day Silas stands with Arthur and Uther on the balcony as the druid man stands in the square ready to be executed "People of Camelot, the man before you is guilty of using enchantments and magic

Later that day Silas stands with Arthur and Uther on the balcony as the druid man stands in the square ready to be executed "People of Camelot, the man before you is guilty of using enchantments and magic. Under our law, the sentence for this crime is death. We're still searching for his accomplice. Anyone found harbouring the boy is guilty of conspiracy, and will be executed as a traitor. Let this serve as a warning to your people." Uther announces." You have let your fear of magic turn to hate. I pity you." the man tells Uther. Silas closes his eyes as Uther signals for the man to be executed "No!" he hears the smae boy from earlier scream in his head. Uther turns and walks back into the castle leaving his son's on the balcony, Arthur puts a hand on Silas' arm "Come on." he tells him gently. Silas nods and walks back inside with Arthur before heading off the Morgana's Chambers again. When he gets there he knocks on the door "It's me." he calls. Morgana opens the door and lets him in "You okay?" she asks seeing how pale he is. Silas nods and sits at the table, putting his head in his hands.

After an hour Merlin comes back into the Chambers "How is he?" he asks. "He's sleeping. He's very pale. I worry he may have lost a lot of blood." Morgana responds. "Has he said anything at all?" Merlin asks. "Nothing. He won't even tell us his name." Morgana tells him. "You know, er, for a moment there earlier, I- I thought you were going to hand us over to the guards." Merlin says. "I'm glad you have so much faith in me, Merlin." Morgana tells him. "No, no, sorry. Erm, I meant, you're the King's ward and King's son. You're both taking a huge risk helping the boy." Merlin explains. "We wouldn't see an innocent child executed. What harm has he ever done anyone?" Morgana asks. "Uther believes he has magic, and that makes him guilty." Merlin responds as Silas looks down. "Uther's wrong." Morgana says, looking at Silas from the corner of her eye. "You believe that?" Merlin asks in surprise. "What if magic isn't something you choose? What if it chooses you? Why are you looking at me like that?" Morgana questions. "Nothing." Merlin tells her. "Why are you helping him?" Morgana asks. "It was a spur of the moment decision. What do you think we should do with him? He can't stay here." Merlin asks. "We have to find a way to get him back to his people." Silas pipes up making Morgana nod in agreement.